Background noise or silence ?

The majority of my videos are scenery like Californian sunsets etc. I have created a few videos with back ground music - I searched royalty free, inserted the copyright notice etc - but I still get copyright messages from random companies.

Some of my videos have slightly annoying background noises like wind or someone talking loudly next to me, so I end up muting the sound and just show the video in silence.

As a viewer when watching scenery videos would you prefer silence or the original noise ?

I'm just curious for future videos :)

Thanks for the feedback :)

I like the background noise. I cant believe they give you notices.

The notices were on videos I'd put up with royalty free music (which allowed their use on youtube too) and all the required wording etc placed in the description, I guess I could dispute it but the whole point of finding royalty free music was to avoid that kind of thing :)

I would leave the music out of the videos. However, if you're filming a desert or something that could get quite dull. If you have any friends who create music you could always ask them if you could use their music in your videos.

I use alot of Kevin MacLeod in my videos without a hassle, just credit the hell out of him in the description is all he asks.

Back