Background Copyright music

Scott Bowes

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone, I know that if you upload copyright music on your channel you will get a copyright strike, is there any way around this, I've seen videos from other vloggers where there is mainstream music in the background when they are in a pub etc. and the video's still display ads and dont have any audio cut out, so i was wondering are you allowed to have under a certain amount of music in your video's e.g. under 30 seconds??

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
If you upload copyrighted music and don't get a copyright strike, chances are 1 of these 3 things will happen. The owner will get the revenue generated from the video. It'll be blocked on certain countries or it'll be block on mobile devices (because there might not be ads available there). The thing is, the original owner gets to decide what happens. I think the only way to test is if you make a separate account and upload there first. But my advice is that you create a channel that doesn't ever need to use or rely on copy righted music or content. I would hate to have a video go viral only for it to be taken down someday.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the copyright / legal forum. :)