B-Roll - do you bother?

hoanguyen88

Reaction score
I think the B-Roll directly associated with a scientific and technical explanations are probably the most accepted

JoeCo17

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
B-roll is my favourite part of my vlogs, both to shoot and to edit. There's something about delicious slow motion footage, edited together smoothly to some sick music. It breaks up a vlog very well, while still conveying part of the story that doesn't need commentary - those black bars slowly crawl in, and you just sit back and enjoy it.

:ty:

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
B-Roll is a fantastic tool for the appropriate content and situation.

I have been noticing news programming using way too much and the B-roll is repetitive. They will keep using the same content over and over during the same segment! It makes me feel like it's to allow the on-air talent to just read off of the teleprompter without having to worry about being on camera.

anzhelika

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
love B-roll though only started to use it not to long ago but it makes your video not feel soo dry.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
(I can't afford to subscribe to stock footage sites to get appropriate B-roll
there are so many sources for free audio, video and vfx (with permission) so you might search /google about what you look for.
I understand though that quality or relevance is an issue on all those free clips and you will have to compromise in some ways.
:)

hoanguyen88

Reaction score
B-Roll is a fantastic tool for the appropriate content and situation.

mytechliving

Reaction score
B-roll is the "pretty" footage that can help engage the audience even more with the video. It's a great tool, and if used correctly can really increased the production quality.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I'm only just learning about b-roll, which I'll use when I vlog. Mostly, I review makeup and skincare, so I haven't found it necessary. My last vlog only ended up being 0:55, though, so I definitely need to shoot b-roll (also, it was my first time out with my camera and I was paranoid that I'd accidentally shoot people who didn't want to end up online, as it was a really packed event where I was the only person walking around with a camera (well, there was one other lady, but she was sitting in front of her and her husband's "booth", going through photos she's probably going to sell at the next event). Then I was at a pizza shop and got over myself enough to record me speaking for like ... 10 seconds. I really think b-roll would have helped, since someone I know commented that she'd have liked to see more cheesy shots, which I could have easily done by panning over some of their pizzas or something.

Oana

Reaction score
I have around 20 sec of b-roll and, depends of the how long the video I want to be, I do 2 b-roll or just 1.I try to do a mix of time laps, slow mo, hyperlaps, speed ramping...
I love to edit Broll and I live to record broll.

TastesSeoulGood

Vlogging my adventures in Korea
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I love using B-Roll, but fear I use TOO much of it. I really have to stop myself from using it all the time. I'm still learning how to do it effectively.