Awkward Talking

Lazy Nik

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My whole videos consist of my awkward talking :D
just take you time, talk to yourself for a bit before you start the recording and just have fun. Awkward for one person - interesting to another one sometimes.

Julia and Claire

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
When we first started, it felt extremely weird! Just think of it as talking to a friend, and really think about someone else listening to you as you speak. We now feel comfortable, and you can definitely tell how much more comfortable we are in front of the camera now, than we were when we first started.

Julia and Claire

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I got better. I was shaking and stuttering in my first vid but as the number of videos increased so did my confidence.

Roman Ryder

I've Got It
Reaction score
I'm still early on in making videos, but somewhere along the way, I start saying "right?" a lot. I guess it's better than the dreaded "uh", but my wife made fun of me. lol

Roberto Blake has a video on what he would do differently if he started over. He said that he would have made a lot more videos a lot faster because he was a good 60 videos in before he started to relax and be himself on camera. I can't remember if it was him or someone else that mentioned just doing lots of videos and watching them back to get better vs posting on YT right away.

The Mach Project

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
OMG YES the awkward talking! My videos would be SO MUCH better if I didn't have to talk in them! For me, I'm not having issues with stuttering or saying one word too frequently, but I just don't know what to do with the tone of my voice. I'm naturally pretty monotone - but that would make for a very boring video. So I've been throwing my tone up and down, and when I watch myself, I can't help but cringe.

But like everyone's already mentioned, the more videos you make, the more natural it becomes.

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
lol one crazy thing i've tested. If you can somehow take some paper and draw a funny looking face, cut it out, and tape it to your camera (make sure you don't cover up your camera so it can see you lol) That way, instead of feeling like you're looking at a camera and talking, you feel more like you're looking at some crazy person that amuses you. just give it a shot!