Average subscribers? Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BookOfKen

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
- Hey guys so question for you, what do you think the average amount of subscribers people have.
- What number of subscribers would you consider a big channel?

I've always wondered on peoples opinions on these type of questions, so throw them at me ;)

Reactions: Amaan Rushdi

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I think the average sub count would be pretty low. That's not to say there aren't a lot of very big channels out there, but there are so many many more small channels. It's a pyramid structure but with an extremely wide base. Just think of all the channels who just use YouTube to upload a few family videos and have a handful of friends of family who sub.

I think if you added up everyone's sub count and divided it by the number of channels that exist on Youtube, then the average would be less than 1,000

What number of subscribers would you consider a big channel?

In terms of subs, I consider 50k+ to be a big channel. But total sub count is a pretty meaningless and static indicator IMO. I prefer to use average daily view count as the most meaningful indicator of a big channel and I think 20k views per day is when a channel can start to be considered as big. :)

Adam_Fitz

Dog Crazy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
its kind of hard to say
for example oli white i see as one of those top youtube vloggers, but he has a rather low subscriber amount compared to those hes collaborated with

maybe 30K + ?
i really dont know :p

Amaan Rushdi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Commentator, Reviewer
I like your post

MikeSchimm

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree with Crown. I think a "big" channel is based on it's view count, not it's subscribers. The only thing I would add is if you can consistently keep a view count over 20k for about a year, you've hit it big. I say this because there have been channels in the past that blow up because of a trend or a certain video, and get tons of views a day, but typically after a couple months or so, the channel dies. I don't consider that a big channel.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This thread is from 2014, and a lot has changed on YouTube since then. The OP of this thread is no longer active, so I've locked this to prevent confusion about active members and threads. If you would like to continue this discussion, please start a new thread.

Reactions: Crown
Status
Not open for further replies.