Average length of videos

GoldenLiz

Reaction score
Hello guys! I was wondering what is the average length of your videos, and what is your strategy regarding length. Thanks!

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The length of the video depends on the content. My Weekend Show is 30-35 minutes. Normal videos, 10 minutes.

Reactions: GoldenLiz

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Yeah I agree, it's very much dependent on the types of videoss you are making and your audience. Some people will get bored or lose interest really fast. For the type of content I create I've noticed it's a good idea to do 3-5 minutes.
A sit down and talk video I'd say probably 5-10 minutes
Things like podcasts or talkshows I'd say 30 minutes is a good time to aim for

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am so confused concerning this topic. My viewers watch time would suggest that short videos are better. People then tell me in person to make my videos longer and now i posted a long video (7 min.) my mum just wrote me saying your videos too long

Sinc

Mr Not That Famous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
normal videos 1-10 minutes, but then again i upload all my 1hr-4 hour livestreams and i plan to do a 12hour livestream next week.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
As far as my channel goes the lenght of the video is "Enough to cover the subject, without getting lost in the very fine print", but I always like to quote a reply to an e-mail I wrote to Clint of Lazy Game Reviews, on this very topic:
I'm not sure there's any one answer to this, because it really does depend on what you're covering. For me, I try to keep my game reviews anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes long, or about the time it takes for someone to eat a quick meal (because I like to do that when watching videos). That usually means a script of to 4 pages. Of course, some games are bigger or shorter so it varies. And when I'm covering hardware or something different, it's really just anything goes.

Reactions: XXLRay

GoldenLiz

Reaction score
I am so confused concerning this topic. My viewers watch time would suggest that short videos are better. People then tell me in person to make my videos longer and now i posted a long video (7 min.) my mum just wrote me saying your videos too long
I hear you! It's hard to gauge. Maybe have videos of varied lengths would be a good plan. As far as the YouTube algorithm, what matters is total minutes watched, so even if they don't watch the entire 7 min of your video, your subs may go to another of your videos, and keep watching something on your channel.

I'm still trying to figure the length strategy myself. Keep it up! (Cute dog, BTW )[DOUBLEPOST=1498414739,1498414698][/DOUBLEPOST]
normal videos 1-10 minutes, but then again i upload all my 1hr-4 hour livestreams and i plan to do a 12hour livestream next week.
Wow! I cannot even imagine a 2 hr livestream!

Reactions: Samira

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I hear you! It's hard to gauge. Maybe have videos of varied lengths would be a good plan. As far as the YouTube algorithm, what matters is total minutes watched, so even if they don't watch the entire 7 min of your video, your subs may go to another of your videos, and keep watching something on your channel.

I'm still trying to figure the length strategy myself. Keep it up! (Cute dog, BTW )[DOUBLEPOST=1498414739,1498414698][/DOUBLEPOST]

Wow! I cannot even imagine a 2 hr livestream!

Thank you. I am still new so i am sure i ll find a way throughout the journey :)

Celoui Louissaint

Reaction score
Hey what's sup people, I'm trying to get a reality show with random YouTuber so hit my line @candykd35. Or let's collaborate..