Average edit time

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
No miracles happening on my side either editing video text time I usually spend two evenings so roughly 6 to 8 hours on long videos
otherwise if it's just a music cover with one shot plus soundtrack sink adding some titles doesn't take more than two or three hours
mind you the last one I did I added captions and that proves time consuming so my goal is to spend less time editing and I got advice from professionals saying I should do sequencing meaning I should do editing of multiple videos at the same time sequence by sequence , not sure that's possible, I'll have to figure out a way..

but yeah that's something to try, spend less time on the Edit !

Janneci

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Depends on the video, but mostly 2-4 hours.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The amount of time spent on editing a video depends on a few different factors of making a video. Factors like the duration of the video, the amount of cuts you take, and special effects work. Any of these three can truly effect how long it will take to edit a video. I also forgot to mention making sure sound quality is all good too.

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My videos take like 6-8 hours all up to edit. It's all those zooms man lmao

Reactions: Xapok

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
My videos take like 6-8 hours all up to edit. It's all those zooms man lmao
Hello Tahlia, great humour on your channel, I believe you, all this zooming and too quick to read titles take time to edit ;) . Finding it hard to figure out your accent, you are canadian right ?

Keep up the good work, it's fun to watch.

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Wow, 30 to 100 hours. I admire the dedication to quality that takes. I definitely feel I can go overboard myself. I probably spent around up to 20 hours just editing my last video, and it's probably only 2 and 1/2 minutes in length. I'd consider outsourcing editing duties to someone on Fiverr, but I'm on a bit of a budget at the moment, and more importantly, I don't think you can really count on someone else to handle editing for you when it's a comedy video like my stuff, since the pacing is part of the humor.
Hello Gary,

The link to your channel doesn't work.

I agree with you on both aspects. To get your editing outsourced, it would take someone who has a clue about comedy.

I like doing the editing, because I'm still learning and experimenting. And I yet have to find my style. I think once I reach that stage, I'll be happy to get the editing done for me.[DOUBLEPOST=1529275331,1529209048][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow, 30 to 100 hours. I admire the dedication to quality that takes. I definitely feel I can go overboard myself. I probably spent around up to 20 hours just editing my last video, and it's probably only 2 and 1/2 minutes in length. I'd consider outsourcing editing duties to someone on Fiverr, but I'm on a bit of a budget at the moment, and more importantly, I don't think you can really count on someone else to handle editing for you when it's a comedy video like my stuff, since the pacing is part of the humor.
Link to channel fixed ! Cool :)

Reactions: User_78298

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I try to keep it to 6-7 hours per. Though it depends. That includes audio cuts and video capture. But I don’t count it in hours, but rather the number of train rides to work and back it will take as thats the only time and place i can edit

SVJ

Reaction score
It depends on how u want ur video to be. If u already have a good convinction on what u want to give ur audience, It can be fast. Another thing that can make ur editing fast is when u shut well. For me a 4min video can take me up to 30min to edit and sometimes even 2hrs. It takes more time when u start adding video effects, transitions, adjustment layers masking, colour grading and other things to video clips.

Merbels

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
Hello Tahlia, great humour on your channel, I believe you, all this zooming and too quick to read titles take time to edit ;) . Finding it hard to figure out your accent, you are canadian right ?

Keep up the good work, it's fun to watch.
110% sure she's Australian, I've talked to a fair few Aussies and she doesn't sound Canadian imo.

I usually spend around 12ish hours on my videos, I like to take my time when I edit so that may be why. I'm trying a new style and I've easily spent 15 hours on the first two minutes haha.

Safwan Foy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im a very very distracted individual... so spread out across a few days, maybe like 5 hours.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk