Average edit time on videos

TN7

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It probably takes me about 2-3 hours, since I also have voiceovers to do, but procrastination turns it into a week. I checked out your Batman's Origin video, and it was really great, I could see the effort you put in the 30+ hours of editing,

RadicalFyrus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Anywhere between 8-16 hours, due to the nature and how heavily edited the content I make is!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think it all depends on the kinda videos, for example if I'm doing a review video for a game, I'll take hours on end to get the audio, video and extras such as text items to all sync up, but for a game play series, it can take perhaps an hour if it's a raw game play with intro, outro, and any blank space for loading times removed.

ThisisJericho

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I take like forever! But I just spend 2hours a day editing. I like shooting stuff a lot then I tend to keep jumping. One time I edited a video for 30 hours until realized that something went wrong with the export and lost everything!

The Mach Project

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
One time I edited a video for 30 hours until realized that something went wrong with the export and lost everything!
30 HOURS LOST!?!? If that ever happened to me, I'd be flipping every table in sight for days! :eek:

It takes me about 4 hours to edit my videos once I've got all my needed footage. It shouldn't take me that long, but I'm too meticulous about syncing everything to the music just right.

But getting all my needed footage for my main episodes, that takes several DAYS :cry2:

GaminGit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually really hate how much time I spend editing... It's usually about 8-16 hours per video (If I'm making one of my narrated cinematics).

I could spend even longer tbh, it's just I stop myself from adding more than 1 or 2 layers of 'polish' to the edit xD

Last edited:

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It depends on the length of the video, for a shorter video maybe a few hours up to a whole day for a longer video!
The more videos you edit though you get faster learning new shortcuts to save time and bring the time down.
The real time is getting it perfect! Haha

Reactions: GaminGit

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
I made some videos of trips to Maldives, so I had a lot of footage to watch and edit.
The latest videos are about 5 minutes long and I was working on them for at least 10 hours each until I thought everything fits now and I can export the video and upload it.

GaminGit

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It depends on the length of the video, for a shorter video maybe a few hours up to a whole day for a longer video!
The more videos you edit though you get faster learning new shortcuts to save time and bring the time down.
The real time is getting it perfect! Haha
Yeah, that is very true actually. If I don't edit anything for a couple of weeks, I notice that I'm much slower to edit than I was previously. I also find it harder to find the 'flow' for the content in my video...

Last edited: