autos & vehicles category.. harder to make money?

BACKWOODZCUSTOMZ15

Reaction score
Hey guys kind of new to youtube only started a few months ago, I felt out a few different categories such as gaming, how to's, and etc. But summer is here and I can finally do truck pulls and such which is what I wanted to do from the start. I have a bunch of views in comparison to other videos i've posted and I got them much quicker. But I have made 0 on all of them in the autos category. Is there something i'm missing? Does it take more views in that cat? Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Carl

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually Insurance companies are the highest paying ad agencies among all ad placements. In other words, the highest cpc (cost per click) comes from the Insurance ads. So as long as Insurance is interrelated with the autos & vehicles category, i believe you have selected the perfect working niche. However, the revenue rate and the amount of ad impressions are all depend on the availability of those advertising opportunities within YouTube Adsense Network.

MostShockingEP

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi there, it seems you made a mistake in your channel link, I am not able to check it out. Its hard to give any sort of advice without checking your channel.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have an auto channel with 4k subs. I rarely upload to it anymore (2 vids in over a year) but it continues to grow at the same pace as when I was uploading. I earn around $130 a month from it.
Most of the channels I am subscribed to are auto channels and they all seem to be doing very well financially.
What interests me more than anything with these channels is the friendships with the guys from the channels and the shenanigans that they get up to.

BACKWOODZCUSTOMZ15

Reaction score
Well I think I got put on the under 10k views list and youtube cut my revenue. I'm not over 10k so I guess they will review me now? I'm not really sure how this will all work..

TheBeardedMountainBiker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well I think I got put on the under 10k views list and youtube cut my revenue. I'm not over 10k so I guess they will review me now? I'm not really sure how this will all work..
Same thing happened to me, I was up to the heady heights of 7cents then the added the 10k minimum view limit and it all went :(.

Oh well, lets just get the views up and see how it goes.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I have an auto related channel (Jeeps) and also make videos for another Jeep related channel (the biggest on Youtube, 150k+subscribers) and I dont think it's any harder than any other category.
Before you can expect to make any money your views need to be in the thousands or 10s of thousands.. I checked your channel and your average views per video seems to be around 50 - so I would not expect much with those numbers.
Keep working on the channel and build your subscribers/views, and the earnings will follow.

BACKWOODZCUSTOMZ15

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, I was up to the heady heights of 7cents then the added the 10k minimum view limit and it all went :(.

Oh well, lets just get the views up and see how it goes.
I'm up above 10k now.. but it says they have to review my channel.. So I don't know how long that all takes, or if they are going to send me something.. Who knows.

BACKWOODZCUSTOMZ15

Reaction score
Ok so i'm out of Youtube jail and back to making money. The problem was I didn't know about the under 10k views deal. But once I found out about that the timeline matched up. Odd that you get no messages or emails from Youtube about any of this. I don't know if they reviewed my channel yet or anything all I know is i'm back to making money.

alanwaker

Reaction score
Creating content in the Auto & Vehicles category on YouTube can be more difficult to monetize. However, with the right approach and a deep understanding of the audience, success can be achieved. For inspiration and information about cars, I recommend visiting https://jeepmodelsbyyear.com/ where you can find interesting facts and stories about various jeep body styles by year and make videos about a certain car model