Automating upload, scheduling and thumbnail generation

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I do not know if is an automation but you can have half
(or 1/3rd or similar) transparent .png overlays for your videos
depending and dedicated to the content, overlays made the way you like.
So while editing you can put one overlay over a "good" frame
of your video and have a screenshot (instant thumbnail).

Text being copied over and over is not always bad.
Basic information on all videos is copy paste I think...

There are some tools in Tube Buddy but I am not really
familiar so I cannot tell you more, maybe you can check it.

:)

Gerald Z

Reaction score
there are many tools you can use to make your workflow more efficient and even speed up time and lessen the number of processes, but if you want to have everything automated then what exactly is your part in the video making process? (this has kinda thrown me in a loop.)

zhkopec

I've Got It
Reaction score
I do let's play videos and I currently record about 5 hours of video and split it into 10 videos across the week.
Have you gone back and assessed the success of this tactic?

...if you want to have everything automated then what exactly is your part in the video making process? (this has kinda thrown me in a loop.)
Playing the video games lol

Drone Ah

Reaction score
Have you gone back and assessed the success of this tactic?
Good question. I do three videos a week for one game which works. It doesn't work as well for the other two games. I am trying to identify other games for which it would work and that entails rotating through them reasonably I guess.

Part of the reason I am looking for something to automate uploads is really for when a game I an interested in gets released. I am thinking that if I can release a whole set of episodes in the first week, I might stand a chance of getting some traction.

I guess though that I really need to consider other strategies for generating interest.

Gerald Z

Reaction score
tbh, I don't see the point of having this part fully automatic, unless you upload the same video over and over again, you will always need to manually change the metadata to suit the video.

Drone Ah

Reaction score
tbh, I don't see the point of having this part fully automatic, unless you upload the same video over and over again, you will always need to manually change the metadata to suit the video.
Well, yes, of course. I currently copy and paste different parts together. I use a Google Sheet to concatenate different parts of text together. TBH, this is the irritating part, lots of copy and paste and then the final paste into youtube. It's that main part I was hoping could be automated

Gerald Z

Reaction score
Well, yes, of course. I currently copy and paste different parts together. I use a Google Sheet to concatenate different parts of text together. TBH, this is the irritating part, lots of copy and paste and then the final paste into youtube. It's that main part I was hoping could be automated
tbh, if there was an easier way I would share it, it is tedious, lol.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would say people that upload infrequently would not need to automate something they are not doing anyway. And people that upload lots are gonna be more serious youtubers that are pretty creative people and perfectionists.. They are not going to want automated suggested stuff thrown out of a computer. They will be very specific and take care to do all those things properly. Definitely would not pay for it. Also automating youtube stuff or interfering with it can get your channel removed. Its just not a good idea, doesn't mean your next one won't be though! :)
yeah I personally wouldn’t want that, prefer doing it all on my own to make sure everything turns out just the way I want it to. Yes I do spend hours on doing this stuff for YouTube but I rather do that than have an app do it for me, besides I already new that YouTube was going to take a lot of hard work and dedication before I started making videos!

Reactions: UhoohExtra