Automatic claim dispute won

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but I had a claim against me for one of my videos before it was even done processing. It was automatic from the publisher and tagged the song correctly. I've never faced this, but went ahead and did my research about "fair use". It was a funny cooking video, and had a portion of the song "Balls to the Wall" by Accept for about 15 seconds in the outro. I carefully constructed the dispute mentioning it's purpose and the amount of time it was in compared to the entire video. I submitted it, and got the resolution about 3 weeks later.

I thought I'd share this, because a year ago I would not have known what to do and probably would've left it alone. I hope others can see this and know that they should read up on "Fair Use" and know what their rights are.

Reactions: Steves World

Acerthorn

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Yes, ever since federal courts in the USA have held that fair use must be considered before placing a copyright claim, otherwise they are liable to the uploader for damages, many rightsholders have become much more understanding of fair use on youtube.

Reactions: OldManTenno