AUTO translate driving me..

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Crazy!!
WTH. I make an effort to make an 'English' set of subtitles and unpublish/delete the 'English (automatic)' which is always made up of half baked pigeion english. A few weeks ago I notice many of my videos still had the 'English (automatic)' set of subtitles still attached to them. I thought fair enough.. I must have forgotten to delete those those so I went through every single video deleting the auto generated set so that people would always see the manual English instead.
Today I notice youtube had regenerated a whole set of autogenerated waffle yet again for every single video. I started deleing a few and then thought whats the point if it will only put them back a again a few days later.. I also thought I may be deleting useful (useful for nothing else) meta data!?

any thoughts on this?

Reactions: videoeditgr

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I usually browse quietly videos at late night. I have to enable English subtitles whenever available. The system seems broken, especially on my low end tablet. I choose English by default and e.g. Bangladeshian auto generated appear and so. I have reported once to Youtube but no change. So, perhaps the system is just malfunctioning? AS a side note, you have to select "unpublish" for auto translated even if you have enabled your own captions.
:)

Reactions: UhoohExtra

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
good thinking @videoeditgr I might try just unpublishing the autogenerated set but not deleting it. That way Youtube is more likely to play the manual edit English set. I played a few videos and it seems to use the English anyway rather than autogenerated English so I might be fussing over nothing. Strange how it re-invents itself though if you delete it.

Reactions: videoeditgr

UserU

Suspended
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This happened to me too, I had to delete those gibberish stuffs.

Unfortunately you've to make your own or rely on community contributions.