Author wants to upload...

Mark_

Hi people - I am an aspiring author with a novel I would like to present via YouTube, reading one chapter per upload with music and images (or perhaps just a single image). Can anyone suggest an inexpensive but impressive way to record voice, insert background, and add music? Thanks in advance!

Hi, and thanks for your response! I am looking only at £100 max really ($155)
thats awesome! perfect for what I was going to recommend to you! :D

I'd recommend buying the 'Blue Snowball' Microphone - you'll find this generally at a max of £70 however, you can probably pick it up four £50 - £60 :)
As a software to record voice, I'd recommend using 'Audacity' - its free :D
Then for general video editing - putting in images/backgrounds and music, you could probably go for something like Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier :) or you can go for the free Windows Live Movie Maker (however, this does not have as many editing layers for audio tracks etc..) :D

Hope this all helps! :)

I've subbed to your channel because I can't wait to see your content! :D
--- merged: Jun 13, 2012 11:12 AM ---
and I just moved this thread into the Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware section of the forums :)

Wow - that's tremendous, a million thanks. I new an expensive(ish) microphone was in order, but didn't want to buy the wrong one. And though I am considered a bit of a computer geek, this kind of thing is quite new to me.

Thanks for subscribing though I will be opening a totally new channel as I write under a pen name. I will let you know how I get on - may I have your email or another way to link to you?

I will subscribe to yours too - nice intros and outros!! Have put a link on my Facebook/Twitter too ;)

Mark :)

Wow - that's tremendous, a million thanks. I new an expensive(ish) microphone was in order, but didn't want to buy the wrong one. And though I am considered a bit of a computer geek, this kind of thing is quite new to me.

Thanks for subscribing though I will be opening a totally new channel as I write under a pen name. I will let you know how I get on - may I have your email or another way to link to you?

I will subscribe to yours too - nice intros and outros!! Have put a link on my Facebook/Twitter too ;)

Mark :)
awesome :) once you've made the new channel, just send it to jtaphotographs@gmail.com :) thanks for subscribing :D

Back