Authenticate a channel on Socialblade

Hi,
Anybody authenticate your channel with socialblade before, any benefit?
They require a few permission on your channel which I'm not sure if it safe. (e.g. they can manage your youtube account, view details..etc)

I google search for more info and found that I can remove apps permission from google account. Socialblade do not have function to undo authentication.

Should I remove their permission from my channel?

Thank you.

Wow! I have never heard of this, but I learn new stuff everyday on this forum. :).

I've only been to social blade a few times before. I guess I didn't search around the website long enough to learn what you're talking about. I would totally be afraid of them having that kinda control over my YouTube channel. Who knows what they'd put up on my channel to drive away subscribers and viewers.....not that I have many of them anyway. Lol! :).

From what you're saying it sounds like you made the right decision to remove the permissions that gave them access to your channel. Now Imma have to go research what this is all about.

Thanks for posting this my dude! :).

Okay, so I slid over and did a Google search on this. It wasn't a super intense search, but I learned more about this and it seems pretty scary the level of access that Socialblade wants to have on your YouTube account. I watched one YouTube video from a dude that was looking over the list of permissions. They want to be able to have access to your real name and contact info and then they'll use that to add you as a follower on Google+.....at least that's what the video was indicating. I don't know if it's true or not, but the fact that they want permission to manage my channel content is enough to scare me away from verifying with them.

There were some dudes and dudettes on Reddit who were asking about this, but no one seemed to know if there was any benefit to becoming verified. Other than having a check mark by your YouTube channel name on Socialblade. Everyone seemed to think it was a bad idea based on the permissions that Socialblade is requesting.

I even found a post on Twitter from Socialblade. It indicated that everyone and their grandmother should slide on over to Socialblade and become verified, but they wouldn't say if there's any benefit. All of the commenters were like: "Why should we do this?" Socialblade wouldn't answer.

These are enough red flags for me to avoid ever verifying with them.

Last edited:
@Frisky Brisket
Thanks for more info and share your thought. This will help others to decide whether want to verify with them. For me, I'll stay away for sure. Unlike tubebuddy, I still gave them permission as I think some of their tools are useful. :)

Back