Audio Issues

S&J Play

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Heya!

I'm sure there are other posts on audio issues but I thought I'd contribute with my own. Audio has been one of our biggest trial-and-error dealies.

Because its my hubs and myself doing gameplays we originally had this weird setup where we each had a headset into individual laptops (poopy computers, one couldn’t handle capture AND audio lol) and then we would Frankenstein them together with the video file and sync it up the best we could. Apparently I am an "esser" though, and I pop "P's" like you wouldn't believe.

So we scraped the headsets and went with a single audio capture option, a sad sad computer microphone. This way (we hoped) we could get my brother in on the action and everyone could be heard.

I even tried building a noise reflector screen thingy out of wax paper and cardboard bahahaha

It was... not great... finally after long pity parties full of "if only we had a real mic" we've settled on my cell phone lol!

It's an android so I just downloaded a voice recording app and we tested it out, with minor cleanup it seems to work pretty well. I'm sure we still have a ways to go, and will likely need to invest in a real mic eventually, but for now. Problem solved!

Moral of the story: Macgyver was a good show.