Audio has gone from video! :O

StevenBridges

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Guys,

Would massively appreciate your help with this one. I've had a video set to unlisted for about a month and the audio worked fine at the time. Now its my release date for that video and i've just had a watch to double check everything is okay and there is no audio!
There are no copyright issues. I sent it to a friend to check and there is no audio for him either.

Currently re-uploading but it's going to take 8 hours! :O So i'd appreciate if anyone has a quicker solution!

Thanks!

Steven

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is rather strange, I havent come across this before so I cant help. How long is the video and what format is it in? 8 hours is VERY long in my opinion.

StevenBridges

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I just re exported it in a much more friendly format lol. Shouldn't be an issue now. But really odd that the audio vanished!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
umm, my friend had that issue once, years ago...
it was a b'day present to me, with just lots of pictures, but it had several songs in.
They were probably over a minute of each song, not like, snippets of a song...
And YouTube removed the audio from it lol.

Otherwise I don't know :(

StevenBridges

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
umm, my friend had that issue once, years ago...
it was a b'day present to me, with just lots of pictures, but it had several songs in.
They were probably over a minute of each song, not like, snippets of a song...
And YouTube removed the audio from it lol.

Otherwise I don't know :(
Ah Unlucky, especially as it was a present! :/

Well I've re-uploaded it now so life is good again :D

Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Phoenix Photons

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Ah Unlucky, especially as it was a present! :/

Well I've re-uploaded it now so life is good again :D

Thanks for the help!
I find mpeg4 suffers from this on youtube. i switched to h264 avi it went away. You can also try webm that is their new codec although its sort of hit and miss quality wise its the youtube native codec if you want to seriously cut back on upload times use their codec. Its lightening fast.. on the other hand is hit and miss quality wise for some reason. One day I will figure out the recipe that is not so hit and miss..

John Lock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find mpeg4 suffers from this on youtube. i switched to h264 avi it went away. You can also try webm that is their new codec although its sort of hit and miss quality wise its the youtube native codec if you want to seriously cut back on upload times use their codec. Its lightening fast.. on the other hand is hit and miss quality wise for some reason. One day I will figure out the recipe that is not so hit and miss..
Never ever had an issue with Mpeg4 - Upload times are down to your internet connection and which times you are uploading. My uploads range from 90MB right upto 5GB and they are always quick, but I have a FibreOptic connection with over a 100Meg.

The 5GB was uploaded at peak time and it only took 45 mins.

I am not a fan of using the H264 AVI for the reasons you stated it is way to much hit and miss, where Mpeg4 has been spot on.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Never ever had an issue with Mpeg4 - Upload times are down to your internet connection and which times you are uploading. My uploads range from 90MB right upto 5GB and they are always quick, but I have a FibreOptic connection with over a 100Meg.

The 5GB was uploaded at peak time and it only took 45 mins.

I am not a fan of using the H264 AVI for the reasons you stated it is way to much hit and miss, where Mpeg4 has been spot on.
no i am sorry my upload is 110 mb and i have a limit of 110gig. On a broadband firbeOptic connection. This is a common complaint with youtube in regards to their conversion of mpeg4 to the native codec. It has nothing to do with upload speed it is a bug in their conversion process. Most people use h264 actually its an industry standard mpeg4 is much lower quality and to match higher quality the render times are horrendous. However for quickest upload which means they do no conversion as you upload use WebM. That is the codec that google has installed on youtube. Its now also something that a lot of web video producers are using because the lag in sound or loss of sound is because as you upload the video is converted that is if they upload to youtube before they upload they convert to WebM on their pc and if the render is no good they can redo it without tying up their bandwidth. The upload speed has absolutely nothing to do with it past a certain point. For speediest upload upload as WebM then the only factor influencing is upload speed. Any other format you upload with it slows down immensly.