Audio Fix

Stephmase

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Everyone,

I am having a hard time getting good audio. I just launched my channel I have a quite a few videos made to upload but people don't like the audio. I am using a Rode VideoMic Me. I film on a smartphone. Any recommendations on a better mic. Also is there away to fix the audio on my already filmed videos. I use Filmora to edit. I just hate to think I need to remake all of my videos. But I don't want people not to like my channel due to bad audio. I looked at Audacity but I am clueless on how to work it. Any tips and help would be appreciated.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use a rode mic and the quality is pretty good, but i don’t know the exact model of it was one of their most expensive mics

Reactions: Stephmase

Stephmase

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use a rode mic and the quality is pretty good, but i don’t know the exact model of it was one of their most expensive mics
I bought the best one for a smartphone. The funny thing is when I am editing the audio sounds fine not perfect but not horrible. But I have had a few people tell me the sound is not great. I am wondering if it is happening when I upload. I am traveling right now so I don't have very good internet speed. I am wondering if that could be part of the problem. It is stressing me out as I have spent so much time filming and editing. I just hope I can figure it out. Thanks for your help :)

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Will it get rid of the echo hollow sound?
I don't know a lot about specifically what Audacity does, but I wouldn't be surprised.

If by "echo hollow," you mean that it occurs in the background of your audio, then the answer should be yes. Audacity will allow you to select a time frame from when the audio occurs, (be sure to isolate the sound, so a time when no audio can be heard except for the echo), and after you select this time frame, then you essentially tell the program to go through the entire audio clip and reduce (maybe remove) those same sounds from the rest of the clip.

I've done this using Audacity once, and found that just removing background noises on iMovie seems to do the job for me. Audacity is definitely much more powerful for audio editing though, but I simply don't need the workhorse.

If that's not what you're looking for, Audacity can change the tone of your voice, etc, definitely give it a shot.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I bought the best one for a smartphone. The funny thing is when I am editing the audio sounds fine not perfect but not horrible. But I have had a few people tell me the sound is not great. I am wondering if it is happening when I upload. I am traveling right now so I don't have very good internet speed. I am wondering if that could be part of the problem. It is stressing me out as I have spent so much time filming and editing. I just hope I can figure it out. Thanks for your help :)
Mine is for a camera, so maybe because is a mic for an iPhone maybe that’s why

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
so I don't have very good internet speed. I am wondering if that could be part of the problem.
Not really. You microphone is also good enough. You have to be careful while you record though. You for a start have to set manual audio levels not auto. I have no idea on smartphone recording so you have to research it a bit :)

Stephmase

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't know a lot about specifically what Audacity does, but I wouldn't be surprised.

If by "echo hollow," you mean that it occurs in the background of your audio, then the answer should be yes. Audacity will allow you to select a time frame from when the audio occurs, (be sure to isolate the sound, so a time when no audio can be heard except for the echo), and after you select this time frame, then you essentially tell the program to go through the entire audio clip and reduce (maybe remove) those same sounds from the rest of the clip.

I've done this using Audacity once, and found that just removing background noises on iMovie seems to do the job for me. Audacity is definitely much more powerful for audio editing though, but I simply don't need the workhorse.

If that's not what you're looking for, Audacity can change the tone of your voice, etc, definitely give it a shot.
Thanks I will give it a go hopefully it will help. I will check out some help videos for Audacity.:)[DOUBLEPOST=1541438095,1541437965][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not really. You microphone is also good enough. You have to be careful while you record though. You for a start have to set manual audio levels not auto. I have no idea on smartphone recording so you have to research it a bit :)
Thank you I did not know that I will for sure do some research. I really appreciate everyones help. :)

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I am traveling right now so I don't have very good internet speed.
My internet speed is probably slower than yours lol. 1mbps download. So a 10 minute YouTube video can take HOURS to upload, sometimes longer than 12 hours if the internet isn't up to par. That likely isn't your problem.