Audio editing software you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What audio editing software do you use when making your videos or do you tend to just edit the audio within your video editing program?

I used to use Sony Sound Forge for a while for making small edits like fading out the end and start audio and for speed things up but then found out I could do all of this in Sony Vegas far quicker and more easily.

How about you? :)

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I record my voice with Audacity, and sometimes edit it with Adobe Soundbooth. Soundbooth is pretty amazing when you need it, but most of my audio editing is just cutting and pasting, which I just do in Premiere Pro.

Token

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I record my voice with Audacity, and sometimes edit it with Adobe Soundbooth. Soundbooth is pretty amazing when you need it, but most of my audio editing is just cutting and pasting, which I just do in Premiere Pro.
Man I can't wait until I get premier pro...want that program so bad! For audio editing, I use Audacity. I mix through my generic program. But Audacity is great for really tailoring how you want your sound to...well...sound.

TheDutch1K

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
If you love Audacity for editing sound, you haven't tried Soundbooth. :) It does great things for audio, like Premier Pro does for video. For some reason recording in Soundbooth never worked properly for me though, it would always stutter and leave small gaps of silence. That's when I decided to record with Audacity only.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Same here, i also use Audacity, export the audio into sony vegas and then cut it with the whole video

Kagan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
What audio editing software do you use when making your videos or do you tend to just edit the audio within your video editing program?

I used to use Sony Sound Forge for a while for making small edits like fading out the end and start audio and for speed things up but then found out I could do all of this in Sony Vegas far quicker and more easily.

How about you? :)
I dont use external audio software much because Final Cut X is already very good at handling audio but if I had to I use Adobe Audition CC. Audition is what I pick over Audacity or Cubase/Ableton Live or garage band because Its just more convenient to use and understand. Very straight forward!

Status
Not open for further replies.