Audio Clipping Problem

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm sure this is a very common problem but am having a hard time finding the answer to my problem.

To start, I have a Blue Snowball microphone. I have it on the right setting for vocals and is positioned about a foot and a half away from me. It picks up my audio very well. After recording I usually render the audio itself out and open it into audacity to modify it to sound more professional. I use the clip finder tool and see that my audio is clipping almost exclusively every single time i click with my mouse. Gah that's so annoying lol. I normally don't record my audio with Audacity. I actually record my audio and gameplay with OBS (Open Broadcast Recorder) I'm thinking about only recording my gameplay with OBS and instead recording my audio with Audacity. In doing this, is there a way to limit my audio to certain levels so that my waveforms do not exeed the maximum lengths?

I hope this was easy enough to understand > .>'

Also, if there is a video tutorial or text tutorial on how to set limits while recording; I would greatly appreciate it if you showed it to me! lol

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yup! I had a similar problem. You have to set OBS to not register audio unless it exceed a specific level. Here are the steps.

1. Click Settings in the Top Left
2. Click Settings again from the drop down menu
3. Go to Microphone Noise Gate
4. Click Enable Preview
5. Click your mouse and a green bar should fly up
6. Drag the Left/Close Threshold slider a little above the bar.
7. Apply Settings.

Make sure that your microphone is in front of the mouse ( or in between you and your mouse ) as to limit the amount of noise being picked up by the microphone. You can also purchase a mic stand that attaches to you desk so you mic is closer to you and away from your equipment (mouse and keyboard).