Fost

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Other
How long is considered a good audience retention time?
At this point it shouldn't be a thing anymore. We hit a point where a lot of people are YouTubers now. So a lot of the times its tough for them to make time even though they actually like your vids. Ex. Its tough for me to watch peoples content regardless of length I watch a lot of the peoples on this forums vids but I can't ever find the time to comment because I either gotta record, or do something else. I can barely watch anime nowadays. lol

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
as a percentage I'd say roughly as follows:
0-35% is a fail
36-45% is average
46%-60% high
61-70ish% Best possible
71% or over can't really be achieved as you will always get micro views that leave immediately that drag your score down.

CallmeMoses

Reaction score
I aim for 60% but that's because my audience is really small right now. But based on the length of your videos i'd aim for 50% at-least. Most people can spare a min or two and watch a 3 min video. If you want to extend your watch time consider adding more content to your video besides form and exercise technique such as the benefits of doing that exercise, specially what muscle groups the exercise targets, and common mistakes to avoid.

Reactions: Fitness Buffhq

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm at like 56% for most of my videos, but yeah It can be tough to gauge that because some people misclick and immediately leave, so their viewing time of 0.5 seconds is added to your average...