Audience retention vs subscribers

Pandekefunde

Reaction score
I have started two channels and i have tried promoting both through adwords

1) First channel has its content in hindi and has got around 30-40 % average watch percentage while I get 1 subscriber every 100-200 views.Since the channel is in hindi the views are from India .The videos are 5 mins long usually.It takes me one month to complete one video as I have a full time job as well.

2) The second channel has its content in English. The videos are around 2 mins long.The average watch percentage is around 80% and the views are mostly from US ,UK and Canada.And it takes me only a weekend to come up with the video.

Which channel should I pursue ?

Reactions: adrianquihuis

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends upon your intent for doing YouTube. Why are you using Hindi, to give back to the local community ?

If you are looking for channel growth then do your vids in English, as that will be most popular globally. Your stats already show this.

As I understand it, English is widely used in India so it should not be a problem for a large portion of the local community (who are most likely to be on line).

Certainly USA, UK and Canadian viewers will be the major chunk of those watching your content, regardless of where you are based.

Cheers Rob

Reactions: Nikki120113

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Answering similarly to the previous posts in this thread :)
Depends on what you enjoy the most! The indian channel will have its limits compared to the english one where you have a much wider audience.
You can always add subtitles to either channel to include a bigger audience base that way too.

Boris Qs

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Apart from the fact that you have to follow your passion, (that is which of the channel do you enjoy creating videos on ) if you look at the stats you just gave above I will go with the second channel

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Id go with the 2nd option and take views from all areas. Later on if/when you get monetised - your CPC should be higher too.
US is my biggest audience.
India is second.

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
I have only 1 video and only 6 subscribers, but I guess that having 80% audience retention and about 1300 views is good despite low subs? The video is 7:05 min.

hasanpasir88

Reaction score
English channel.
You got more revenue and you can produce more