Audience Retention help!

AussieAidan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Hey!

I've been look a lot and my Audience Retention recently and I found a nothing but decreasing audienceviewership when they're watching my vids, only getting around 28% of my subscribers watching the whole video.

Any tips and/or tricks is need very appreciated, have a good day! ;)

TwoTakes

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Maybe try thinking about what type of content your subscribers may have subscribed for- are you still making something they will enjoy?

Experiment with making shorter videos, or even try a new type of video and see whether you can increase engagement.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Think about it as a viewer. The next time you're watching people's videos as a viewer, each time you click away from a video and on to the next one, note down WHY you clicked away. Do that for a week and you'll have your answer. :)

Reactions: Justoshow

AussieAidan

Reaction score
Channel Type

Think about it as a viewer. The next time you're watching people's videos as a viewer, each time you click away from a video and on to the next one, note down WHY you clicked away. Do that for a week and you'll have your answer. :)
Maybe try thinking about what type of content your subscribers may have subscribed for- are you still making something they will enjoy?

Experiment with making shorter videos, or even try a new type of video and see whether you can increase engagement.
Thanks Blokes!!

Reactions: Crown

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator

I'm going to start doing that as well. I shot my first vlog like 3 times due to the fact that when I watched it back, it was boring and long. Try cutting out the parts that drag. I have a friend that started making vlogs, that's awesome. It's so short and fast paced that when you want to click off it's already over. It's very entertaining though.

I'm an AGP and Kid Behind the Camera subbie and sometimes I just skip through the video because stuff is dragged out too long.

Reactions: Crown

AussieAidan

Reaction score
Channel Type
I'm going to start doing that as well. I shot my first vlog like 3 times due to the fact that when I watched it back, it was boring and long. Try cutting out the parts that drag. I have a friend that started making vlogs, that's awesome. It's so short and fast paced that when you want to click off it's already over. It's very entertaining though.

I'm an AGP and Kid Behind the Camera subbie and sometimes I just skip through the video because stuff is dragged out too long.
But what am I gonna do if I'm a gamer that does funny moments?

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
But what am I gonna do if I'm a gamer that does funny moments?
Do shorter funny moments. Try this. Take one of your vids and cut half of the moments, and create another video with the other half. Now you'll have double content and it'll be shorter.

AussieAidan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Do shorter funny moments. Try this. Take one of your vids and cut half of the moments, and create another video with the other half. Now you'll have double content and it'll be shorter.
You absolute genius, then at the end I could do something like "Found out next episode of Hitman", or I could do shorter video either way it a brilliant Idea, Thanks!!

Justoshow

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Animator
You absolute genius, then at the end I could do something like "Found out next episode of Hitman", or I could do shorter video either way it a brilliant Idea, Thanks!!
No problem. That "Find out next episode" idea sounds pretty good.

AussieAidan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Thanks!![DOUBLEPOST=1486546067,1486528747][/DOUBLEPOST]
What do think I'm gonna say, I'm sorta drawing a blank on what I'm gonna necessarily say. Could you give me some examples.