AUDACITY BACKGROUND NOISE REMOVAL GUIDE

Anony Mouse

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
To remove background noise with audacity, start your recording, DO NOT make anyyyy noises or touch or click anything for about 5-8 seconds. record your voice or something for a bit, maybe 20 seconds of voice.

NEXT On the top menu part, click EFFECT. Then look for NOISE REMOVAL. Click this. Make your settings like this. Noise reduction 24. Sensitivity 0.00, Frequency smoothing 150,attack decay time 0.15. Make sure the bottom part it set to remove, not isolate..

Setup should be done. Now get out of that for a second. Time for the actual noise removal.

Highlight (click on the actual soundbar where you see your sound waves) highlight the 5 or so seconds of silence. While that is highlighted, go back to effect, noise removal, then click GET NOISE PROFILE. It now sees what you are trying to get rid of. Click CONTROL+A at the same time and it will highlight the whole track.

Simply do effect, noise removal, and click the OK button this time. And you're done.

Last edited:

GamingHappens

HEY LOOK! a distraction!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
just recently learned about that, it could of been useful a long time ago though XD

Anony Mouse

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is divine intervention for me. Thank you so much!
You are very welcome :) Did it work for you? Also, your voice was divine in your video :)[DOUBLEPOST=1393667943,1393663024][/DOUBLEPOST]If anyone else needs some help just let me know :)[DOUBLEPOST=1393732866][/DOUBLEPOST]I got stickied? Thanks :)

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Pretty awesome! Thanks for the guide! This will definitely be useful down the road. :D

futbol247

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What editor is this?