Short Film attention all filmers

Status
Not open for further replies.

VesuviusStudios

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
i feel like there is a lack of filmers in the youtube community, im not trying to encourage or discourage anyone but i feel as though everyone is doing gaming stuff. i mean if you go into the meet up section almost all of the threads are for gaming and it kinda bugs me. the reason being is that i dont have as many opportunities as other people. so if ANYONE is doing film, i think we should establish a connection type of thing between us so we know who is into film. and no vloging doesnt count for what kind of film im talking about... anyone please i need a filming friend :D

LyfeWithDragons

Mother of Dragons...Wait...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i feel like there is a lack of filmers in the youtube community, im not trying to encourage or discourage anyone but i feel as though everyone is doing gaming stuff. i mean if you go into the meet up section almost all of the threads are for gaming and it kinda bugs me. the reason being is that i dont have as many opportunities as other people. so if ANYONE is doing film, i think we should establish a connection type of thing between us so we know who is into film. and no vloging doesnt count for what kind of film im talking about... anyone please i need a filming friend :D
@PressRecord & myself are aspiring filmmakers. :D

PressRecord

Daily Vlogs on a Daily Basis!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've been doing video production for years. Have my BFA in filmmaking all the works. The actor I was working with quit so I am no longer making shorts for YouTube but I am still doing film work in the industry pretty regularly. Hopefully when things get back up and running I'll be able to keep making films.

Chase Butler

Filmmaker - Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey :cool:

ProfKranc

Voice actor and Film-maker here to help :-D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Yo man, I completely agree. Gaming is a very popular media on Youtube that sometime the other people doing different content don't shine through. However I would be more than happy to help establish a connection between us and the rest of the film-making community.

My channel is mostly skits, but I put my film-making skills into teaching how to make films and enhancing my skits. Also do short films, but they are posted elsewhere when they aren't relevant.

Why don't we set up a page or a facebook group or something to do exactly that?[DOUBLEPOST=1391218872,1391218738][/DOUBLEPOST]Why don't we set up a page or a facebook group or something to do exactly that? Set up a connection between film-makers on youtube?

Reactions: LyfeWithDragons

LyfeWithDragons

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yo man, I completely agree. Gaming is a very popular media on Youtube that sometime the other people doing different content don't shine through. However I would be more than happy to help establish a connection between us and the rest of the film-making community.

My channel is mostly skits, but I put my film-making skills into teaching how to make films and enhancing my skits. Also do short films, but they are posted elsewhere when they aren't relevant.

Why don't we set up a page or a facebook group or something to do exactly that?[DOUBLEPOST=1391218872,1391218738][/DOUBLEPOST]Why don't we set up a page or a facebook group or something to do exactly that? Set up a connection between film-makers on youtube?
Because when all is said n' done, most of the people on there will just spam their content, and it'll no longer be what we'd like it to be. Though, don't let that deter you, go for it! Maybe I'll be wrong, and it'll be something more, I'd like to see something like that.

ProfKranc

Voice actor and Film-maker here to help :-D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Because when all is said n' done, most of the people on there will just spam their content, and it'll no longer be what we'd like it to be. Though, don't let that deter you, go for it! Maybe I'll be wrong, and it'll be something more, I'd like to see something like that.
What if we create a list online. Like literally just a list, no posting or nothing of people who can add their emails and channel links for people to contact for help or collab! So its literally just a place for you to contact other film-makers rather than a board to spam?

I mean, then it does give people an email to spam, but It'll be more effort than just one and that'll maybe deter more spammers?

HaileySimone

✈ IN THE AIR ✈
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Gamer
I'm working on making a film channel. I have a great camera, tripod, and green screen. I really want to learn editing, since I feel it would be more beneficial doing that, rather than wasting my time with gaming.

Reactions: ProfKranc

AnnaLovesVlogging

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've seen this happen at least six times. Either the page doesn't have any traffic whatsoever or it becomes a list of spam that no one bothers to look through. =/

LyfeWithDragons

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What if we create a list online. Like literally just a list, no posting or nothing of people who can add their emails and channel links for people to contact for help or collab! So its literally just a place for you to contact other film-makers rather than a board to spam?

I mean, then it does give people an email to spam, but It'll be more effort than just one and that'll maybe deter more spammers?
Like I said, I'd love to be a part of something like that, and I'll help however I can, I guess. I just need to be proven wrong.

I've seen this happen at least six times. Either the page doesn't have any traffic whatsoever or it becomes a list of spam that no one bothers to look through. =/
Yeah, way too many times to count. I simply left those groups, some were ones I even started, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.