At what point will a channel start growing naturally?

TheMetalcow

I wasn't 100% sure this is the right place to post this So I hope I'm right haha! Basically I've gained 210 subs in three weeks because I've been advertising with social media a ton! And I was just curious at what point do you guys think a channel begin to grow by itself? I know organic growth is the best growth so I was just curious! thank you!

Once you get a video to appear high in a popular video's suggested feed you'll start to grow naturally. Or if you create a video that ranks high in something that is commonly searched. This is assuming your video has a decent viewer to subscriber ratio. Your amount of subscribers don't necessarily determine if you'll grow naturally or not.

First of all, congrats on your rapid growth! It took me quite a while to even reach the 100 milestone. 1k subbies seem like a magic number haha. 1k is usually the requirement to start getting sponsorship and such, which will lead to more video making and potentially even more subscribers. On the other end, I try not to take subscriber count too seriously. As long as some people watch my videos and benefit from them (even just a smile), I am satisfied.

I wasn't 100% sure this is the right place to post this So I hope I'm right haha! Basically I've gained 210 subs in three weeks because I've been advertising with social media a ton! And I was just curious at what point do you guys think a channel begin to grow by itself? I know organic growth is the best growth so I was just curious! thank you!

One reason why organic is the best is, your subs are either dead/fake or well won't watch your content usually. Going HEY SUB4SUB or SUB TO ME, all that usually doesn't work. I would rather get 10 honest subs than 100 fake ones. Also there is no when or how your channel will grow on it's own, could be at 10k could be 100k, no one knows. It helps if you get a highly searched for viral video though.

Like others have said, really hard question to answer. There are some channels with a few thousand that grow naturally and others with tens of thousands that are practically dead

In November i put up a video that now has 45k views. I had about 600 subs then and now closing in on 1100. So I can't say 1000 was the number for me. But if you can get a video with 100+ views a day, you'll likely get 1-5 subs a day without uploading.

I don't advertise or announce or as people to subscribe. I don't do CTA either. I think it leads to people who sub and don't come back, even if it's not sub for sub and was well intended. If I did then I might have more but a lower percentage watching.

So I'll say the more videos that get rolling views speed up how fast subs come in. It bumps up the next video and on and on. The snow ball is real

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Great start for your channel. 210 subs is a great start. I only have 161, and like you on days when im in the office im advertising hard on social media and forum sites. My view numbers reflect that, and some subs come in. But i really work hard on days when im in the office. On days when im out of the office my views are nil and subs dont come in. Its tough because im on the road tuesday-thursday.

Heres a link to the thread i posted a month ago. Asking the same question, but it has additional replies.

http://yttalk.com/threads/does-getting-views-get-easier.247419/

Back