At What Point Did Your Channel "Take Off"?

Samira

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I dont know how to help you it seems ti ve a problem that your content isnt spreading

I hear reddit is good for gamers

But I really dont know what advice to give you

Idec Sdawkminn

Horror Versions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Starting in October 2014 I started putting effort into my channel to grow it. I didn't notice anything much until April 2015 when my Let It Go video got suggested alongside a really popular channel's video. Here's an informative graph I made, showing my daily views until now and the frequency I uploaded videos during that time:

Last edited:

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I suppose after I hit the first 100 subscribers. It has been slowing down as of late, but that is because I have slowed down. No sense in pushing for something that is clearly a hobby at this stage. Lots of fun, but it clearly costs more than in brings in so might as well treat it like a hobby and do it sparingly.

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
By "take off" I mean the point in which you start getting regular and consistent growth, good views, and an active comment section. I want to see how long it took other people to get there, to try and compare to how my channel is doing.

What's the point at which I took off you may be asking, and I'll tell you: I haven't yet. I've been doing YouTube for 4 years now, so I want to see how far behind my channel is in that sense as well.

So after how much time has your channel took off. Have you been doing anything special to get to such an amazing milestone?
It took off when a video of mine went viral. After that I got more steady subscribers and views. I still get views from that video (not as fast as before but it's still active). But going viral won't get you anywhere in the long run, if you aren't consistent in uploading then your channel won't grow big.

TheMaskedTruth

Reaction score
2 in a half years before I had any real audience and before I started making hundreds a month consistently. However this didn't happen until I switched up and started doing something different. A couple more years later after that, before I started making enough to live off of. This also didn't happen until I once again switched up and started doing something new. Moral of the story, if you aren't getting much success after trying something for awhile, try something new. It may take you awhile before you find what you really wanna do and what you can be successful doing.

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'd love to be Mr.Positive and say that everyone takes off eventually but that is merely not the case. Some channels don't. There are probably millions of dead channels at this point.

I suggest completely rebranding, finding a new niche, and re-working your channel. It's clear you're now at a stand still, and when you hit that you need to change it up.

Reactions: TheMaskedTruth

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
But going viral won't get you anywhere in the long run,
At least it helps a lot. To be honest just about anything like that would be amazing for my channel. I've been watching it get no where for 4 years now, so anything would help.

if you aren't consistent in uploading then your channel won't grow big.
I am, yet I'm not growing somehow.

if you aren't getting much success after trying something for awhile, try something new.
I'm trying new things constantly, none of which worked. I got one series that get's amazing views (about 70 views each, and yes, that's "a lot" on a 4 year old channel in my case) however they have barely any retention time.

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Maybe you're doing something not right. Are you using TubeBuddy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VRONA

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I suggest completely rebranding, finding a new niche, and re-working your channel. It's clear you're now at a stand still, and when you hit that you need to change it up.
I know I'm at a standstill. My channel has been doing awfully since for ages, only reaching 100 subs after 3 years. However things have sped up, with me being at 199 subscribers now. However that is still awful for a channel on which I have been uploading consistently for 4 years. Even my very first Minecraft video, which was so awful and bad, has almost 100 views, while all my current Minecraft videos get around 10.

However the problem is, if I were to do what you said, I don't know what to change to. I've been mastering what I am doing now for 4 years now, and I really want to see if I can revive it at least a little. Who knows, maybe some channel bigger than me will shout me out. Or a video of mine will get a whole bunch of views.

Maybe you're doing something not right. Are you using TubeBuddy?
Yes I am.