Not open for further replies.

ApexxWolf

I make Cartoons and Animations :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
A thread that was sparked by Dananuh xD

Is it bad to ask people to Subscribe?

Something that I don't particularly do myself (on a one-to-one basis e.g. in a message or in the comments) because I believe that if someone enjoys your content and wants to see more they will subscribe on their own terms.

On the other hand I acknowledge the reason that some people might do it at the end of their videos or on their channel to encourage and remind people to do so to "stay tuned".

The one thing that bugs me (and quite clearly a lot of others) is that random people will ask you to subscribe to their channel just so it boosts their ego and subscriber level.

Anyone got anything to comment on or add?

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
I will not subscribe, or even check out someone else's channel if they are asking to subscribe. I will subscribe if I like your content, not because you asked me to. Doing it at the end of the video is a different story. I understand why people do that, and I sometimes do it as well. But I cannot stand when people go around spamming their channel out there for subscribers. If I get messages like that, I mark them as spam. Whether it is or not, I see it as spam.

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
I don't see an issue with it.. There have been many times where I watched a video.. Liked it but forgot to hit like or subbed.. and then had to search it out in my history cause I actually wanted to sub the channel. I think people don't even think about the subscribe button.. and when you remind them they are more prone to clicking it.. Kinda like when you go to McDonalds and order a meal.. they ask. would you like a large coke with that.. It is a marketing technique it is the up sell.. and it works.

Reactions: ItsTehShadow

ItsTehShadow

YTtalk's Purple Enthusiast!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
Depends on the situation, if its on your video its fine to ask as they are watching your content, and you want to suggest it to them.

However I'm totally against, going around channels asking for subs to raise e-status. People should subscribe for your content not because you've spammed everyone with SUB 4 SUB. Getting loads of random subs who don't watch your videos is pointless imo. I'll only subscribe to someone if I like their content and I'd hope others would do the same.

Reactions: JohnKenShow

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
I will not subscribe, or even check out someone else's channel if they are asking to subscribe. I will subscribe if I like your content, not because you asked me to. Doing it at the end of the video is a different story. I understand why people do that, and I sometimes do it as well. But I cannot stand when people go around spamming their channel out there for subscribers. If I get messages like that, I mark them as spam. Whether it is or not, I see it as spam.
Hmm so I should stop sending you those emails every hour on the hour?

MattBarnardMusic

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't think it's a bad thing, then again I'm not expert. As long as you're not begging because then it looks a tad pathetic & attention seeky: "pweeeeease subscwibe to me!"

Maddentalk247

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I beg/force people to subscribe. That's just me though. I've even snuck on people's computers to sub to myself. I think of it as being helpful because they were going to anyway.

Peter

Obsessed Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yep, I think it's fine to have an annotation on your video that links people to subscribe to your channel (I use it myself too) or to mention it at the end of your video but random people who spam others with his channel will not likely to get that much subscribers or even if he does they'll most likely be inactive. That's my opinion.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
it's good to tell them why to srubscribe, what they get when they subscribe, begging is really annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.