'Ask The Pilot' Q&A

stef747

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Private Pilot YouTuber here. I'm thinking of starting a weekly "Ask The Pilot" video on my channel to help demystify the world of General Aviation.

I have a few viewer questions to kick the first video off with, but if anyone here on yttalk has a flying question you'd like to pose I'd love to hear it.

Questions about how to get your license or what to do with it, what the different controls on a plane actually do, questions about procedures at airports or the rules of the sky, things pilots say that you don't understand, and so on.

This will help me understand the sort of questions people have about flying and general aviation, so any thoughts or feedback are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stef.

Reactions: Sladee

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lemme be the first to ask this haha, How do you keep track of all the gauges and fly at the same time? Seems exhausting! :) I can barely keep track of my speed when driving!

Reactions: stef747

stef747

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Great question @Sladee Part of the training covers how to efficiently scan our flight instruments, especially when flying on our Instruments and not visually. There are a few techniques we're taught to do this, I'll be sure to include the answer in the next Q&A, thank you.

Reactions: Sladee

ItsBeeRay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
How long would you say it would take the average person to learn how to fly a plane and is it true that Microsoft Flight Simulator is often used as a training tool for pilots?

Reactions: stef747

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hey Stef, I know the answer but a good question to ask/answer could be: "What happens if the engine / all the engines fail during the flight ?" (A lot of people don't realise that all aircraft can glide) :)

stef747

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Hey Stef, I know the answer but a good question to ask/answer could be: "What happens if the engine / all the engines fail during the flight ?" (A lot of people don't realise that all aircraft can glide) :)
Love this one as well, thanks @Crown I fly a Cirrus so I have an additional backup to gliding which I can discuss in the next video as well :) Thanks, that's a great one!

Reactions: Crown