As A Vlogger...

Lloydo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
As a vlogger, what do you look for in a vlog? Funny characteristics, different personality, randomness, views on something? What would the top thing be that would draw you into watch a video and then stay to the end?

I personally have only started vlogging with my fiancé and we are really enjoying it but we just feel like what we are doing a lot of the time isn't exciting or interesting, what could we do instead of always having to be doing something exciting? What are talking points that we should always consider?

Or for you pro vloggers out there, is there a template to every video you guys would use?

-Lloydo :D

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As a vlogger, what do you look for in a vlog? Funny characteristics, different personality, randomness, views on something? What would the top thing be that would draw you into watch a video and then stay to the end?

I personally have only started vlogging with my fiancé and we are really enjoying it but we just feel like what we are doing a lot of the time isn't exciting or interesting, what could we do instead of always having to be doing something exciting? What are talking points that we should always consider?

Or for you pro vloggers out there, is there a template to every video you guys would use?

Not a vlogger and don't really have any tips for you. However, I watch vloggers more than anything else online. The thing I find often is people saying "I didn't really vlog much today cause I just wasn't doing anything interesting." and time and time again the comments say basically, "you could stare at a wall for 20 minutes and we would watch it." What you find "boring" is not to your "fans". Think about it... Why would ANYONE want to watch you go about your daily activities? Why would that be interesting to people? lol who knows but IT IS! People love vloggers and just love to see what someone else's day is like whether you think it's boring or not. Just post videos. You can go back into your analytics and see what works and what doesn't. But you definitely don't have to do something "exciting" everyday.

Reactions: Lloydo

Lloydo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Not a vlogger and don't really have any tips for you. However, I watch vloggers more than anything else online. The thing I find often is people saying "I didn't really vlog much today cause I just wasn't doing anything interesting." and time and time again the comments say basically, "you could stare at a wall for 20 minutes and we would watch it." What you find "boring" is not to your "fans". Think about it... Why would ANYONE want to watch you go about your daily activities? Why would that be interesting to people? lol who knows but IT IS! People love vloggers and just love to see what someone else's day is like whether you think it's boring or not. Just post videos. You can go back into your analytics and see what works and what doesn't. But you definitely don't have to do something "exciting" everyday.

Yeah, I like this!! We are posting plenty at the moment, and we are seeing an increase per video to be honest, which is good! Thanks for the thoughts :D

Reactions: Hollyweird Teens

Alan Spicer YT Tips

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Reporter, Ranter, Comedian

I am a personality fan. I have been watching the Vlogbrothers for years and over time it was their personality that hooked me and after that i followed them to all their projects - CrashCourse, SciShow, Johns Books etc

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

The vlogger needs to have an interesting life and have a strong personality. Living in an interesting place helps too but everywhere is interesting to people who don't know the place so that's less important IMHO. Good editing skills are a plus. Check out https://www.youtube.com/user/CTFxC who is doing it right.

Lloydo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

The vlogger needs to have an interesting life and have a strong personality. Living in an interesting place helps too but everywhere is interesting to people who don't know the place so that's less important IMHO. Good editing skills are a plus. Check out who is doing it right.
Whoops sorry! Yeah thanks for the tips, things like these are much needed! I'll go watch a few videos of his now and hopefully take some notes haha