Art channels vs Vloggers?

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Do you think it would be harder for someone on youtube with an art channel compared to people who vlog, or do videos in a style that has them sitting in front of a camera and talking?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is a good question... Im not sure what is the hardest but I think both takes a lot of time (if you have to create great content anyways) I take it Vloggers ot people who "just" sit in front of a camera has got to have something interesting to say and to figure that out is the hardest part I guess:) For me personally it is the animation proces and making a script that take most of my time:)

Reactions: coratison

dreamlessdigital

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It all depends on personal preference. As I read your comment, it's either in front of the camera or behind the scenes. There are a wide majority of people on YouTube that don't tend to like to show their face for whatever their reason may be. Honestly, if you're trying to make videos, try both styles and see what makes you more comfortable!

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
That is a good question... Im not sure what is the hardest but I think both takes a lot of time (if you have to create great content anyways) I take it Vloggers ot people who "just" sit in front of a camera has got to have something interesting to say and to figure that out is the hardest part I guess:) For me personally it is the animation proces and making a script that take most of my time:)
Yeah that's true coming up with new and interesting things to talk about it probably hard too.
But as far as I know an animation process can take days for just a short video right?

dreamlessdigital

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Depending on the style of animation, how detailed you want it, how long someone has been animating... Those are all things to take into account. Once you find what style you like, the process of animating followed by editing and uploading will get easier and faster if you keep the concept of your videos the same.

Reactions: coratison

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
It all depends on personal preference. As I read your comment, it's either in front of the camera or behind the scenes. There are a wide majority of people on YouTube that don't tend to like to show their face for whatever their reason may be. Honestly, if you're trying to make videos, try both styles and see what makes you more comfortable!
But do you feel like audiences tend to be more interested in videos where people do show their faces?

dreamlessdigital

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So here's an example for you, TheOdd1sOut started off not showing his face, along with someone else he works with named JaidenAnimations.
TO1O's approach to YouTube changed as he grew over a million subs in a couple months. JaidenAnimations on the other hand took a long time to be comfortable. If showing your face isn't adding anything to the video (emotion for the most part) then it really doesn't need to be there, in my opinion.

Reactions: Dave2017

coratison

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I haven't heard of them, judging by the name jaidenanimations, are they both animators?
And they now both decided to show their faces?
I do strongly agree with what you said at the end, "showing your face isn't adding anything to the video (emotion for the most part) then it really doesn't need to be there"
Thanks for the replies :)