Are your best videos scripted or unscripted?

Lasersgo

I've Got It
I’ve taken it upon myself to set aside an hour or two a night before I film a video to fully write out what I want to say in my video. I’ve only done this for the past 2-3 videos and filming those felt way easier than my normal ones.

My issue is I feel like I come off more sincere and act more like myself in videos I didn’t script and just was talking off the top of my head.

In your opinion, are your best videos ones you’ve scripted or ones you didn’t? And what advice would you have on coming across more genuine in scripted videos?

I’ve taken it upon myself to set aside an hour or two a night before I film a video to fully write out what I want to say in my video. I’ve only done this for the past 2-3 videos and filming those felt way easier than my normal ones.

My issue is I feel like I come off more sincere and act more like myself in videos I didn’t script and just was talking off the top of my head.

In your opinion, are your best videos ones you’ve scripted or ones you didn’t? And what advice would you have on coming across more genuine in scripted videos?

As an actress, since the words are already your own, it may be better to try to memorize the dialogue. Once, you get the dialogue down, the words are already your own so embrace them. Now, you should be able to focus on being yourself, whether that's silly and goofy or loud and obnoxious. Whatever. That's the only way you will come off natural while using a script. Other than that, I would say just wing it. If during the first take you're stumbling a lot over words or just not getting your point across clearly, reshoot. Once you have a take you're satisfied with you can edit out the long pauses and "um's", etc. :smile22:

Because I'm a gamer everything is unscripted, but what I would suggest is to have some things scripted, so have some things you will say, but then also have it be unscripted for some parts so you can think and talk freely.

I'm still finding my feet with my channel, but so far its all unscripted although I have a rough idea what I want to say.

So I do commentary videos and in all honesty, they're the highest views videos on my channel and they're all scripted. I just find scripting videos easier for me personally because I tend to ramble a lot when I'm just talking so I could go off on a tangent that's super unnecessary for a video and that'd kinda suck lol.
As far as sincerity goes, I write my scripts exactly how I think. Basically, if the first thing that comes to my head when talking about something, I'll write it down; basically it leaves me sounding sincere and it keeps me on track!

Back