Are you willing to sacrifice your integrity for YouTube stardom?

Are you willing to sacrifice your integrity for YouTube stardom?

• Yes

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 70.4%

• Total voters

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Absolutely not. Everyone seems to have no problems with click bait titles for instance but you will never see me do that. What I advertise happens. Done deal.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Again: I don't think you understand. Good and bad are ALWAYS subjective terms in the grand scheme of things. You pretty much say it yourself. A society has standards. Are your standards the same as those of an African tribe or an Arabian country? No, because other people with other cultures and other believes and other experiences decide those standards. Therefore standards in a society and the measurements on which good and bad are decided upon, are by default subjective. They only apply within that circle of people and even at that point, there are debates about whether the standards are good or bad.

I can go on and on. Do we still have all the rituals from the middle ages? No, because standards have changed and they continue to do so as time goes on. Why did they change? because people changed their minds. That is not something that is possible with facts. You can't change facts like you can change standards. Why don't people agree about the death penalty? About gun laws? Immigration? You state that standards in society are measurable, but if that was truly the case, these topics would not be issues at all. Why do the democrats and republicans always change each others laws and with that the standards of society? Because standards are based on laws, that are based on ideas from groups that have their own experiences, believes, culture and so on.

I appreciate you trying to explain certain terms to me and giving me more information, but I graduated in sociology, psychology and philosophy, so I have a pretty solid understanding of these terms and how all of this stuff works. So there is no real need for any of it. Thanks for going trying to go in depth on it though! I enjoyed it, even though it kinda flew away from the topic you originally wanted to discuss. Have a good one!
Comment: "Again: I don't think you understand. Good and bad are ALWAYS subjective terms in the grand scheme of things." - MentallyGames

Response: And that's where we may, emphasis on may, disagree. For your response is somewhat ambiguous. I'll explain. You see, when you say "in the grand scheme of things" that can be interpreted in one of two ways.

1: We both agree that good and bad is subjective to a bias party. And that societal standards do exist and can be defined by an objective party.

OR

2: We both agree that good and bad is subjective to a bias party. But, you disagree with the existence of societal standards.

With that said, which best represents your previous statements? One or two?

Note: if you don't agree with either, then make sure to state your position in a clear and concise manner.

MentallyGames

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Other
Comment: "Again: I don't think you understand. Good and bad are ALWAYS subjective terms in the grand scheme of things." - MentallyGames

Response: And that's where we may, emphasis on may, disagree. For your response is somewhat ambiguous. I'll explain. You see, when you say "in the grand scheme of things" that can be interpreted in one of two ways.

1: We both agree that good and bad is subjective to a bias party. And that societal standards do exist and can be defined by an objective party.

OR

2: We both agree that good and bad is subjective to a bias party. But, you disagree with the existence of societal standards.

With that said, which best represents your previous statements? One or two?

Note: if you don't agree with either, then make sure to state your position in a clear and concise manner.
There is nothing ambiguous about it. I'm guessing you have not read my entire response or at least have not tried to understand it. If you did, you would not be confused by the term grand scheme of things nor would you be asking my stance, which has been crystal clear from the very start. I think I have been pretty clear and concise, but maybe that's just my subjective opinion. Or maybe the problem is your ability/willingness to understand what I am saying. Who knows.

Again: thank you for discussing this with me. I had fun doing it. Have a good one.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There is nothing ambiguous about it. I'm guessing you have not read my entire response or at least have not tried to understand it. If you did, you would not be confused by the term grand scheme of things nor would you be asking my stance, which has been crystal clear from the very start. I think I have been pretty clear and concise, but maybe that's just my subjective opinion. Or maybe the problem is your ability/willingness to understand what I am saying. Who knows.

Again: thank you for discussing this with me. I had fun doing it. Have a good one.
I understand your point, but you have failed to understand mine. And no, I don't need an explanation. Just simplify it. Make it easy for everyone. One sentence. One word. One answer. And I'm sure you can do that. That said, do you agree or disagree with the following:

That good and bad is subjective to a bias party. And that societal standards do exist and can be defined by an objective party.

Yes or no?

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
@Born Strategist and @MentallyGames;

Your side conversation is trailing pretty far off-topic. If you would like to continue to debate how subjective the words "good" and "bad" are in different scenarios, can you please create a new thread in the Debates / World News forum (http://yttalk.com/forums/debates-world-news.83/ )? Let's try to keep this particular thread to discussing what people are comfortable doing to achieve success with a YouTube channel. ^_^

Reactions: Crown

Andy R

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
As long as I am not hurting other with my actions or videos.

Kinan Media

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
people have a variety of ways and strategies in marketing their chanel. like a product, they have a different marketing strategy, because only those who know about their product in this case is their video, like a company, the channel is a factory so the product from the factory is marketed ie video, so each one I think have a strategy own.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Idk. Money is nice.
Depends what it would be. Not that I ever would be in that position, anyways.