Are you still getting notifications for new subs??

Samantha McLean

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For the past 200subs I haven't gotten a single email. Normally when someone subscribe to the channel a new email would come in, unless they have set their profile to not show that. But with the past 200 I haven't gotten a single email. Did YouTube turn this feature off? I don't mind but I just want to make sure that nothing happens to my subs down the road.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You only get told someone subbed to you if they have their subs public.

Reactions: Samantha McLean

Samantha McLean

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You only get told someone subbed to you if they have their subs public.
I know that.... But I find it odd that out of the past 200 not one person has theirs on public. That's odd I think. Normally if I get 10 subs one or two would be public. It's not like everyone makes sure to tick that box, cuz really not much people care or know about it. So me not getting any notification for months have made me question if Google turned this feature off. Have you been getting notifications still?

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You could have unsubbed from youtube email notifications.

Reactions: YAOG

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For the past 200subs I haven't gotten a single email. Normally when someone subscribe to the channel a new email would come in, unless they have set their profile to not show that. But with the past 200 I haven't gotten a single email. Did YouTube turn this feature off? I don't mind but I just want to make sure that nothing happens to my subs down the road.

No I haven't received a notification since last year lol but I doubt anything will happen to your subs :)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think I got that turned off. I can see if there are new subscribers by checking the number on the website. No need for more spam emails IMHO.

Reactions: Samantha McLean

ellelletalk

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter
Nope! I put a widget on my phone that shows my live subscriber count. No emails.