Are you put off watching a video if it's numbered?

Are you put off watching a video if it's numbered?

• Yes

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Depends on the video

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Depends on who uploaded the video

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't pay attention to titles, only thumbnails

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AllofTheAbove

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
I don't care either way, really. I think I've numbered some of my hauls or skincare videos, but seeing others do it doesn't bother me. I might be more interested in what else is in the series or their other videos just knowing that there's more than one (though, if I didn't care for the video, I probably won't watch the rest).

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nope, because if it comes up in my feed I am probably going to want to watch the entire series if it is a build of some kind. Or a series I like to follow, like DashieGames MarioMaker videos. The only thing that puts me down on wanting to watch a video is bad content no matter if it is numbered or not.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I guess if it's a 'series' or you want your videos to be watched as a continuity, I guess it's alright. I personally don't number my videos. It might pressure people to feel they need to watch from the beginning and whatnot.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I don’t think it matters but it’s job is to make aware that there are other videos. I number ALL my videos in the thumbnail even though they don’t connect so tell anybody who’s watching, hey!! There’s 50 more videos from me if you’ll just check em outtttttt.......!
I agree. If I like a video, it entices me to go and check the rest of the videos in that series. And if the video is part of a 'show', having episode numbers is a good way to know if the show is new or if it's been a long running show.