Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Are you put off watching a video if it's numbered?

Discussion in 'YouTube Chat, Gossip & Help' started by AmberAndGolden, May 15, 2018.

?

Are you put off watching a video if it's numbered?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Depends on the video

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  4. Depends on who uploaded the video

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I don't pay attention to titles, only thumbnails

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $65
    Say, for example, there was a taste test video, or a haul video.. Basically, a random video that might be in a series but you DON'T need to watch them in order (or watch the others AT ALL)... are you put off by a numbered video?
    are you more likely to click a video that looks like a stand alone?

I've been numbering my Gashapon videos and none of them have done as well as the first one did (which I'm not that bothered about), but even now the first one isn't getting any more traction/views after I added a '1' to the title.. It might just be a coincidence though!

Thoughts??

2. Gaijillionaire
    I've got a yen for being in Japan!
    Cash:
    $199
    I don’t think it matters but it’s job is to make aware that there are other videos. I number ALL my videos in the thumbnail even though they don’t connect so tell anybody who’s watching, hey!! There’s 50 more videos from me if you’ll just check em outtttttt.......!

AllofTheAbove and AmberAndGolden like this.
  3. Courtney Candice
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $259
    I don’t think it really matters, I numbered a couple of Haul videos

AllofTheAbove likes this.
  4. EVO
    EVO
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $210
    I am put off to a certain extent. If a suggested video come up and its number 12 of a series I think I cant watch this without watching the first 11 vids in the series!
    So its 50/50 - Some will not click - some may start from the beginning and watch them all in the series..

AmberAndGolden likes this.
  5. HiEnergy
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $117
    Most of my videos are unordered. Some (e.g. the Synfire Feature Spotlight or the Ableton Live Quick Tips) are ordered using YT's "series playlist" feature. As the order is totally irrelevant for understanding the content though, I'm not yet sure whether keep them in ordered lists like this.
    I always hand out links to the respective video in a playlist context, when giving links to others or linking the video in forum posts etc.

6. Switchbox
    Give me your food
    Cash:
    $1,060
    I don't understand why someone would number their videos unless they are to be watched in a particular order.

aliceromy likes this.
  7. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $65
    Yeah, that's what I thought.. I kind of feel like that with some content too.

Thats fair enough, I have a video series where I open gashapon capsules so I thought 'since I'll be making a lot of these, I should probably number these!' so that's what I did;
    I've taken the numbers out of the titles but left them in the thumbnails, I think that's an OK balance (plus.. I don't want to have to re-make all of my thumbnails LOL)

8. Switchbox
    Give me your food
    Cash:
    $1,060
    Numbered videos tend to do worse, so I think it would be wise to leave them out of the title :)

9. AmberAndGolden
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $65
    I have :D

10. aliceromy
    Cash:
    $37
    i don't think it's a good idea to number videos, even things like vlogmas, i think all videos should be titled as if they're a standalone video ... unless it's a series that needs to be watched all together and in order.