Are you new to Youtube? How was your first year!?

Started in June 2016 and reached about 1K subs in about 8-9 months and now after 18 months I reached 5K subs, still have lots to achieve, its been hard word but consistency is the key, so hang in there and you will definitely reach your goals.

Hi guys! I'm curious how well did your channel do within its first year? In terms of views and subscribers. I'm new and I am trying to learn what are good goals to try to accomplish!

Last edited:
View was really slow until I started uploading regularly. For my first year I had goal of 50 subs and 100 views. Big challenge was understanding how the youtube algorithm works.

Started our channel November 2017. Didn’t know how difficult it would be. Filming, editing, etc.

I honestly had low expectations, knowing it would likely be slow. In just 2 months, We’ve grown to 33 subs and 550+ views. We’re super excited for 2018. Hoping if we put out good content more consistently and engage with more viewers, we can grow our channel faster.

I posted my first video in August of 2016 but quickly stopped after only a few videos and then started back up in June of 2017, so that's when I say I started. My channel grew from less than 200 to 65,000 from June - the end of the year. My channel is for teens so I did much better in the summer when school was out and then it quickly went downhill from there. I got busy with school myself and kind of slacked off towards the end of the year but I am back at it in the new year. I'm hoping to build it up and somehow hopefully get to 100K for my 1 year anniversary. I hope 2018 is a great year for all of us!

Last edited:
Back