Are you growing slowly?

TastesSeoulGood

Vlogging my adventures in Korea
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Some days I feel like I'm growing slowly... Some days I feel content with my growth. It really depends. Overall though, I don't care *too* much. It'd be great to become a YT success story, but if it never happens - I won't be *too* sad!

Tacrob

Reaction score
My growth has been sporadic and weird. After doing this for like five years, trashing ideas, unlisting hundreds of videos, and getting really depressed over maybe progress (or lack thereof), I can say that it’s important to constantly be introspective and gently critical with my work. I do my best, review it and see where I could have done better, and then enjoy the response I get. Sure, I have goals for where I’d like to be, but I won’t get there by getting overly emotional about my present growth. Sometimes the video gets a handful of views, sometimes it gets hundreds (or in a few cases, thousands!). It’s just important to keep coming back to the principle “how can I do this better so that I’m more satisfied with my work?”

InTheDogHouse

Building unique animal houses.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My growth is rather incredible for me at the minute.

I have done a lot of research before i created my channel and when i finally decided to take the jump and start to make videos the responses have been great.

Currently the channel is 3 months old ( ive had a month and a half away due to personal problems ) but ive come back and just created my 4th video ( just an update) and im currently sitting at 180 subs and 12k views :O!!!.

My channel features builds of animal products like dog houses and chicken coops etc (or i should say WILL feature).

The responses ive been getting are absolutely incredible and so motivating!

the_drifting_dad

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber

I have done a lot of research before i created my channel and when i finally decided to take the jump and start to make videos the responses have been great.

Currently the channel is 3 months old ( ive had a month and a half away due to personal problems ) but ive come back and just created my 4th video ( just an update) and im currently sitting at 180 subs and 12k views :O!!!.

My channel features builds of animal products like dog houses and chicken coops etc (or i should say WILL feature).

That is awesome!

Reactions: InTheDogHouse

AniTalks

Reaction score
Yeah, even though I only posted one video, I'm only at 5 subs. But it doesn't bother me too much :) I just do these vids for fun! But it would be nice to have more subs/views lol

TastesSeoulGood

Vlogging my adventures in Korea
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

Great growth!
I checked out your channel (as I'm a huge dog lover). I would be careful of keyword stuffing in your descriptions. From what I understand, that can get your account banned. Just thought I'd let ya know if you weren't aware :)

InTheDogHouse

Building unique animal houses.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great growth!
I checked out your channel (as I'm a huge dog lover). I would be careful of keyword stuffing in your descriptions. From what I understand, that can get your account banned. Just thought I'd let ya know if you weren't aware :)
Thanks a bunch and thanks for the heads up! Just whenever I upload a video tubebuddy says “number of times tags in description” with a red 0, the more you add it turns green so I assumed it was ok but thanks I should remove it just to be safe

Alexis Claudio Music

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to never be satisfied with my growth rate on my channel. Subs, views, minutes watched etc. but I've learned that you need to at least realize that youtube is a long term investment, and as long as you realize that and realize it's a process, you'll come to terms that the growth may not be ideal in comparison with other channels, however if you keep at it, it will.

^^^^ This right here is by far the best answer that I have seen.

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah it does but it doesn't bother me at all unless I doing it full-time. People can't expect fast growth unless their video is mysteriously viral and posted in popular websites and forums. You got to have passion to do it and don't do it just for money. That will come later if your channel happened to get more well known. Treat it as a hobby, never give up, keep making quality videos and someday you can be in the same line as those popular YouTubers.

PMW

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I understand your feeling. I have been uploading a video, some times two a day, for over a month now and not one subscriber.