Are you growing slowly?

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I have seen multiple posts across the internet, including here, where people claim they have reached 100 or even 1000, sometimes more subscribers in under a year. I find these all impressive, and am truly happy for these folks.

I have been on YouTube for roughly a year, and have only 41 subscribers at the time I am making this post.

I find myself passively spectating posts in the Milestone forum, wondering if I'll ever be able to share any impressive stats.

Is anyone else out there like me and growing very slowly?

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
So many examples. Salary, kids, car, vacations...
Looking people posting trips, wondering if I will ever visit Paris...
etc.etc.

Milestones are good for motivation maybe but they are not goals
they are goals only speaking for fulltime Youtubers.
comparing self to (yesterday's) self, it is a growth after all.
Comparing self to others harms. Are you happy with your channel?
Are you happy posting stuff? Then you are ok!

(said the guy with 18subs to the guy with 41subs..) :p :p :p

Ida Skye

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
People grow differently because of what type of content they make, upload schedule and how they network. I think you can grow more rapidly. Try some legit networking and maybe you could google around for a keyword generator for your vids?

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Believe me, you will NEVER be satisfied with your growth rate.

I remember being frustrated when I would gain 3 subs in a day and then lose one the following day. It was growth...but it was sooo slow. Now I'm frustrated because I don't get much more than 200,000 views and 1000 subs per month. There are other channels that are growing so much faster and I feel like I will never get to the levels that I want to be at.

It's all part of being ambitious and wanting to be the best that we can be. There will always be a channel that grows faster and that has better stats. You just have to keep producing quality content and not become demoralised by other peoples success. You are still at the beginning of your YouTube journey!

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I think people focus on the wrong things here. Its the content thats important. There is nothing you can do to grow without quality content. Be brutal in self evaluating your content. If you have a few videos of similar content & quality and nobody was interested then try something different. I notice your new content (maths stuff) is doing better than stuff played back in reverse etc. I've deleted some of my videos and/or remade some i wasn't happy with. Concentrate on what ever has worked the best for you so far and make more similar videos. But make each one better than the last- If you always do what you've always done you'll only ever get the same result.

ProXima123

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to never be satisfied with my growth rate on my channel. Subs, views, minutes watched etc. but I've learned that you need to at least realize that youtube is a long term investment, and as long as you realize that and realize it's a process, you'll come to terms that the growth may not be ideal in comparison with other channels, however if you keep at it, it will.

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I used to never be satisfied with my growth rate on my channel. Subs, views, minutes watched etc. but I've learned that you need to at least realize that youtube is a long term investment, and as long as you realize that and realize it's a process, you'll come to terms that the growth may not be ideal in comparison with other channels, however if you keep at it, it will.
I think @ProXima123 said it better than I could have; I do find myself comparing my growth to those in my niche or genre. That little niggling sense of self-doubt doesn't really go away because you'll always be pushing to do/be better, even when you're already in a good place.

Growth on YouTube - and successful growth, at that - is a game of luck. Some people press on for years with good content, but constantly fly under the radar. Others go viral, purely by chance. The only way you'll see any form of success (in your own terms, of course) is if you keep at it. 41 is always better than 0!

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Cartoonist
My growth is slow but I had a spike with a cover I did a couple of years ago. During the time that it was getting a lot of views I got to 1000 subs fairly quickly. Since then, things have been very slow but I can see that the biggest problem with my channel was that I was either not posting or not posting consistantly.

I've realized it's important to remember not to get hung up on wanting to get to a certain number of subscribers in a certain amount of time. Not that it's bad to have subscriber/views/number goals, but there is no way to really control when that happens. What I can control is being consistent and releasing content I am proud of. So the focus is to have goals around consistency and actions on my part. Which I think leads to reaching those number goals eventually.

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
So many examples. Salary, kids, car, vacations...
Looking people posting trips, wondering if I will ever visit Paris...
etc.etc.

Milestones are good for motivation maybe but they are not goals
they are goals only speaking for fulltime Youtubers.
comparing self to (yesterday's) self, it is a growth after all.
Comparing self to others harms. Are you happy with your channel?
Are you happy posting stuff? Then you are ok!

(said the guy with 18subs to the guy with 41subs..) :p :p :p
Thanks for the comment. Definitely happy with my channel, and will continue to post regardless of exposure. I actually visited your channel the other day (expected it to be much larger, because you are so knowledgeable!), and this actually motivated me to make this post. Ironic.[DOUBLEPOST=1531881978,1531881830][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think people focus on the wrong things here. Its the content thats important. There is nothing you can do to grow without quality content. Be brutal in self evaluating your content. If you have a few videos of similar content & quality and nobody was interested then try something different. I notice your new content (maths stuff) is doing better than stuff played back in reverse etc. I've deleted some of my videos and/or remade some i wasn't happy with. Concentrate on what ever has worked the best for you so far and make more similar videos. But make each one better than the last- If you always do what you've always done you'll only ever get the same result.
Thank you. I remember when you had less than 10 subscribers! Congratulations! Yes, my new content seems to be doing better, and I enjoy creating it. I will keep your tips in mind!