ARE YOU FINE IF YOU DELETE A COPYRIGHT CLAIMED VIDEO?

Senevids

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've heard the three strikes your out thing but does that apply to copyright claimed videos and can you make up for a strike. Just an idiot looking for answers, thanks!

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
Copyright claims, or content ID claims I think they're called, won't result in anything bad happening to your channel, just to the video itself. The people claiming it can just take away the music or block the video or whatever, and there's no 3 strikes rule for claims. You can make up for a strike after 90 days, where it'll disappear from your channel if you do "Copyright School" which is just like a multiple choice test thing. You could also find the person who struck your video and ask them to remove their strike, or if it was wrongfully taken down by Youtube, you can ask for them to put it back up with a counter notification. I know this was long-winded, but I hope it helped!

Senevids

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
@Kyonite That actually clears everything up, thank you so much! I feel so much safer in the world of youtube now XD. Have a wonderful day!

Reactions: Kyonite

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Claims don't hurt you. Strikes do. You can delete any video you want any time you want, but if there is a strike on your channel, that doesn't go away just because the video that caused it does.

Reactions: Senevids

zurab chrelashvili

Reaction score
hey guys.. i got copyright claim on music :( video got over 9 mill views ,, and all money are taking copyright claimers.. i want to delete this video in future , but i'm afraid that it will affect my channel (views mostly) , what should i do? if you have experience about that pls let me know

SpitItOutProductions

Reaction score
Also got a question, If you post a video that is not doing monetization, is there a risk of and kind?

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Also got a question, If you post a video that is not doing monetization, is there a risk of and kind?
Absolutely. You cannot post material that you do not have the legal right to post, period. Monetization or not doesn't matter. The copyright holder can issue copyright strikes, they can get you banned from YouTube forever, they can take you into court and sue you into oblivion, whether you were trying to make any money off of it or not. Don't do it.

Reactions: Shakycow