Are Vlogging Channels Worth It Anymore?

MrYorkiesWorld

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

I've been considering creating a second channel where I vlog about my life, preferably a daily vlog series, however I've been under the impression for a while that vlogging channels really arent that big anymore on YouTube. Is this true?

The idea of a vlogging channel would be great in my opinion, but is it really worth doing one anymore? What are your thoughts?

Do vlogging channels really get that many views nowadays, and what does it take to make a vlogging channel successful over other types of channel etc...

Cheers!
--Yorkie

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually I seen more and more vlogging channels became popular. The Paul brothers are vloggers and their making it pretty big right now.

Reactions: MrYorkiesWorld

Nikki120113

YTTalk's Cookie Pizza
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
Vlogging channels are still rather popular, 80% of channels im subbed to are vloggers & they all have their own style which i love. The only hard part is being different from every other vlogger to get attention from viewers. If it makes you happy then just go for it!

Reactions: MrYorkiesWorld

MrYorkiesWorld

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Actually I seen more and more vlogging channels became popular. The Paul brothers are vloggers and their making it pretty big right now.
Great thanks very much :)[DOUBLEPOST=1513728575,1513728546][/DOUBLEPOST]
Vlogging channels are still rather popular, 80% of channels im subbed to are vloggers & they all have their own style which i love. The only hard part is being different from every other vlogger to get attention from viewers. If it makes you happy then just go for it!
Thanks a lot, I'll definitely give it a go! :)

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Any channel is worth it to be honest. Youtube is such a large platform anything can get popular due to how quickly the trends change, there is no reason to really just not try and see what happens. :)

And to quote the youtuber nerdcubed 'I think everyone should start youtube for fun or to grow. Because once all of us big youtubers have F**ked off someone has to be there to take our places.'

TL;DR DO IT MAN AND ENJOY IT! I BELIEVE IN YOU.

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Vlogging channels are huge. I think one of the main reasons is that the audience feels as though they know the YouTuber personally. My opinion is that popular content on YouTube is becoming more generalized as many (that I have seen) have turned away from gaming and instead embraced vlogging.

Kevster

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Any type of channel is worth it to start. There's always an argument against starting a Youtube channel, no matter the type you're making. Gaming? It's oversaturated. Vlogging? It doesn't do well anymore. The list goes on and on and on. But truth is, you see new channels of all kinds popping up and getting success every year.

And yes, to second Courtney, I don't think Vlogging is currently unpopular. In fact, I think it's the one channel type that has consistently spawned the most amount of successful new Youtube channels every year. It's that one thing that never goes out of style.

(Don't turn into Jake Paul 2.0 though. Please.)

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Then I got to ask, do you want to vlog because you want it and like it, or do you want to do it because you just want the views?
People will notice which one you will use! I vlog because I want to and to show people that I´m still on youtube, so there isn´t any huge gaps between videos.

Reactions: Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Then I got to ask, do you want to vlog because you want it and like it, or do you want to do it because you just want the views?
I couldn't agree more.
If you are starting a new channel because you want to "get big" on YouTube then I doubt you'll succeed. If on the other hand you start a new channel because you have loads of ideas that you want to share with an audience I believe your chances of success are higher.
My experience with vlogging has been that growth is slow but very solid. I publish 1 vlog every week, and the videos are building me a loyal group of followers who comment regularly and appreciate the content.
I would recommend you try it if you have something of value to offer viewers. Success takes time and persistence though...