Are video responses a good way to get more exposure?

lava589

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I've always thought that posting your own videos in response to other videos felt a bit cheap and it would annoy people rather than draw them to your video in a positive way. But I have noticed that some people will do it and get a considerable number of views and most importantly, positive comments from other people.

So what do you guys think? Is there some unspoken rule about not doing it? Or is it a legitimate method? (considering that your video fits the subject of the one you're responding to )

Many thanks in advance

SamaJaffa

Just some E[PIC]nglish guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Well as long as what you're putting fits the subject then I see no reason why not to. What might be wrong is to put loads of video responses on one video because it might annoy other people trying to put their video responses in as well. Hope this helped you :)

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
For my videos I don't mind people video responsing them, well a couple have been quite cruel videos I didn't approve such as a cat being flung round by a fan -.-

But yeah they are great! and they help you AND the video you're responding to so don't worry about that :)
Even if it gets you a few views, it's still views and maybe a sub :)

Itskamren

JEANYUSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
yeah man i did a video response that was relevant to this youtubers video and his video went viral so my video got alot of views since it was right under his

lava589

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Oh ok, cool, thanks guys!

Hope this helped you :)
Definitely. It was good to get another opinion :)

yeah man i did a video response that was relevant to this youtubers video and his video went viral so my video got alot of views since it was right under his
Dude! That's awesome, like a dream come true! haha

For my videos I don't mind people video responsing them, well a couple have been quite cruel videos I didn't approve such as a cat being flung round by a fan -.-
Yeah that's understandable.

AnnaLovesVlogging

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I sometimes leave my videos as responses to others' videos, but ONLY if they're relevant. I get a lot of "video responses" on my videos that have absolutely nothing to do with what my video is about. I happily (and excitedly! and ecstatically!) approve any relevant videos, but if you're just trying to mooch off of my viewers, then that's not cool.

StefanPierce

I've Got It
Reaction score
I put some of my videos as video responses to PewDiePie's videos. They were approved and stayed on his video's for a few days. I ended up getting almost 400 views on one video and 300 on another. Just make sure they're relevant. You get more views if you have to wait for the original uploaded to accept your videos as a response, because it stays on they're video page longer because they can filter out the spam etc, but then there's always the chance they don't want your video there.