Are Variety Channels Sustainable?

DonHazeon

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I haven't really read any other comments so I'm sorry if I'm repeating everyone!

But with a lot of different stuff on your channel you'll get people who like vlogs and wanna see that. So they subscribe thinking your a blogger and all of sudden you upload a gameplay video which they don't want to see and they mind end of unsubscribing to your channel.

So yeah it does confuse your audience a lot.
I mean you might be able to do it once you get "big" if you announce it and make people aware of that, but the easiest way is to get a second channel for vlogs for example and another for game plays. You can link them and promote them on each channel ofcourse but it's easier to maintain your audiences on each channel.

Whenever I grow a decent amount of subs with this channel I'll eventually make a second channel with other stuff I wanted to do on YouTube :)

Hope I've been a bit of a help

Reactions: Frisky Brisket

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
Sweet! Thank you. :).

You know what's interesting? After I wrote my last post I did a google search for "Creating your own YouTube simplified usename". I clicked on a YouTube video from a cool dude who has done a lot to help me w:)ith my skillZ in CyberLink PowerDirector. The video covered creating a simplified username on a channel that he just created with no subscribers and no views. The video was from 2014. Apparently back in the day (2014) anyone could create a unique username. That, or the number of subscribers is based on your Google Account and not the brand account linked to the channel. I didn't see the link to change my username because the YouTube interface has changed quite a bit since 2014.

In either case I can't create the simplified name yet which makes me feel sadness. Oh well, I just have to keep grinding away and working on my channel.

Thanks my friend. [DOUBLEPOST=1505662550,1505661295][/DOUBLEPOST]

My dude!

How do you even keep up with 3 channels? I can barely figure out what I'm doing with one? :).

Maybe it will be easier if my content is separated. VLOGS on one channel, and gaming on the second channel. I don't know. I guess all figure that all out. I've got some thinkin', plannin', and strategizing to do. :).
I still haven't been able to start uploading like I want too since I had the hurricane Irma, now Maria and I am working on a big project for my work lol

Reactions: Frisky Brisket

Frisky Brisket

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I still haven't been able to start uploading like I want too since I had the hurricane Irma, now Maria and I am working on a big project for my work lol
Oh my God my friend! I'm so sorry to hear that you were effected by hurricane Irma! I hope that you and your family managed to remain safe during that chaos! The fact that you responded on this post means you're at least okay....I hope, and that's good news! :).

Yeah, work stuff always gets in the way of getting stuff done with my channel. :).[DOUBLEPOST=1505790225,1505762571][/DOUBLEPOST]
The stuff that gets the most views is always the more casual, fun stuff I do, which may be an argument for creating a second channel, but I'm not sure it is.[DOUBLEPOST=1505710600,1505707273][/DOUBLEPOST]

Huzzahs! It works! Yaaay! Thank you! I've been trying to sort that out for AGES. Thank you, again. ^_^[DOUBLEPOST=1505710981][/DOUBLEPOST]I did a search for "Should you start a second channel" on YouTube and I
'Be only watched a couple of the videos it came up with, but so far, most of the people responding say a second channel is a last resort. They say you should separate your stuff into playlists and work on delivering the common thread. I think I can do that. I also recalled that one of the YpuTuve gurus I watch - Roberto Blake - has a successful variety channel, too, so it IS possible to go that route and succeed.

I'd still appreciate anyone else's thoughts on the subject, though, if anyone has anything else to say about it. Thanks, guys. ^_^
This is some good additional information Omeo. Thanks so much for posting my friend since I haven't really researched this beyond the great information already provided by the cool dudes and dudettes who have already responded to this post.

What you described, that you've found through your web search, is what I've pretty much been doin' with my channel: Create Playlists for everything and stick with a common theme that.....hopefully in my case.....ties everything together. This gives me some confidence that my strategy might payoff and work in the future. There's always the option to create additional channels in the future. That doesn't cost anything....at least for now. :).

Also, in the future, there the option of creating a VLOG entry where I totally cry and beg for subscribers and viewers.....and no I am absolutely not above doing such a thing. Lol! :).

Thanks again my friend for the great information.

Take care! :).

Last edited: