Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Are Tutorial Videos Worth Making?

Discussion in 'Strategies & Technique Advice' started by Jasiah, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Jasiah
    Cash:
    $9
    Before, anyone goes rage mode on me. I'm talking specifically tutorials like making an intro, outro, thumbnails and how to record your videos. Seems that I find the same video every single time I search these topics up. I even used to do tutorials on my channel and I found that basically they 've already been done over 100 times. What's your guys opinion?

2. The NotARubicon!
    NotARubicon Productions
    Cash:
    $57
    Any time I need to learn how to do something new/better, I turn to Youtube for a GOOD tutorial.. If you can find ones that havnt already been done 100,000,000,000 times and if you do them good, it can pay off..

Kristeen likes this.
  3. MutantCreeper36
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $32
    Tutorials are always good ideas to make no matter what kind. As long as you make it different from other videos and you have people want to see the tutorials then they are a great thing to make.

4. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $4,049
    I moved this to the strategy forum. ^_^

5. Loud Spy
    Cash:
    $15
    I think they can be worth making, even if the feild seems saturated. I run a martial arts channel and videos I made a few years ago now do well in the search rankings, due to their tags etc now coming up. At the time I made them for practice and planned on deleting them, but people find them useful and they still bring in views, so I kept the more popular ones and added links to my updated and more recently higher quality videos :D

6. Kristeen
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $84
    Tutorials are great for making your channel appear in the search rankings, since the content is giving direct value to audiences who are looking for certain help. That said though, if you're going to do tutorial videos, either make it on something that hasn't been covered a lot before or if you do find that it's been covered a million times, only do it if you know you can do better or add some new value (e.g. covering the latest version of software; creating a more straightforward/shorter tutorial; etc.).

7. Loery Potpie
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $67
    I have made tutorials in the past and it can definitly work. They rank well in the search ranking but like said above, you have to make it about specific topics that haven't been covered yet. Or at least not that much. Otherwise they won't appear on the first pages of youtube and then nobody will find them.

Jasiah likes this.
  8. Brandon
    VISUAL.
    Cash:
    $87
    Yes. I think video tutorials are extremely important. I learned more about photoshop than I did 4 years at a university studying photography.

9. King Christo
    Cash:
    $45
    I wouldnt use long intros and outros ever anyway. When I click on a video I want to watch it. I dont want to have to watch a 30 second ad, and after it, have to watch a 30 second intro to get to my video. If I ever make myself an intro, it would be very short. Definately would be nothing to make a tutorial on. Same with outros and setting up my channel.

10. S_Mielz
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $6
    It's a great idea to make tutorials, especially if you want to bring attention to your channel.
    If the tutorial is good and relevant, it will always bring traffic to you. And if you add your own taste to it and make it entertaining, it can make the viewers check out your other videos and subscribe.