Are there any good online thumbnail makers that require sign up?

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Are there any good online thumbnail makers that don't require you to sign up? Most of them I've found are free. But they are nosey want to know your entire facebook friends list and all sorts.. annoying.

Thanks for any suggestions. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Dewmonic Abyss

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thumbnail makers? If you're talking about sites that automatically generate thumbnails, you're probably not gonna get anywhere with those. If you want some free tools to make thumbnails, what I personally use is MS Paint, LunaPic, and Google Docs. LunaPic is online, no sign up, free, and provides a lot of tools to edit pictures. You can blur, adjust colors, brightness, add borders.. Very good tool. Google Docs, I mainly use that for layering. I can put the background image and then any other transparent images on top of it, so it's kinda like dragging and dropping. And then I screenshot that and put into MS Paint for finishing touches (like resizing to 1280 x 720 or cropping, etc.)

If you want some good fonts, Cool Text Graphics Generator is good for words. You can generate words for your thumbnail in custom fonts and then you can copy and paste that into Google Docs to move at will.

It's easy to get the hang up, and all free. I know there's other tools like Paint.net or whatever, but that's just my style. :p

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I think i was being lazy. Your right, I'll make them myself. I'm making some now in photoshop. If its worth doing I'd better do it properly lol. I did see some popular youtubers promoting thumbnail makers but they were probably just after the affiliate link i guess.
Thank all.. don't need more suggestions but feel free to carry on topic if the thread is useful to anyone.

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
pixlr.com works good enough for a free program. Has a couple bugs, which is to be expected in a free source.

Reactions: UhoohExtra

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If Pixlr and Paint don't work out you can always download Gimp. It functions like Photoshop, but entirely free.

I use Photoshop myself, however aside from paying for it all the other ways of getting it are illegal and you can't discuss that here ;)

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Pixlr and gimp are both great free options that don't require any signup.

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just started using Pixlr and found it works very well for my skills in thumbnail making

Justine

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Gimp is a good go to! I started using it once the site I was using required you to pay to save your work (damn you picmonkey, you worked so well!) and it's basically a poor mans photoshop! It's free, no sign up, and theres tons of tutorials on how to use it and do stuff with it on youtube which is super helpful!

Unite Player

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Few months ago I'd say picmonkey is best... but they've decided to charge now. BUT, pixlr and befunky are great :)

DougHewsonYT

Reaction score
I have been using Canva online for some time. I initially started using GIMP, but decided to go the simpler method - its really good and has improved my thumbnail game immensely. The other thumbnail tip I'd give is not to put too much of the thumbnail. Clutter can be a killer ;)