Are Tags Worth The Effort?

Ricky Alv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you need some soured of tagging in your videos. But it’s not as people make it out to be. YouTube has the ability to know what your content is about now a days just from viewer signals.

Reactions: MedTerms

Spence Bailey

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I have mixed feelings about tags but I think that is because I've never quite used tools that help me optimize them correctly. I know HOW they can be powerful but I usually fail to do research into which ones are the most powerful. I just think about what my video includes and is about and then just add a tag related to that. I know a lot of these are over saturated and I may need to step up my game if I want to gain some good exposure.

Mazen

Reaction score
They are worth the effort cause they will get you ranking high and you will get views and subscribers and this will help your channel grow way faster.

Reactions: Dave2017

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for all the feedback. It really helps when people read the OP and respond to that, rather than just to the title.

Noobzilla

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Are Tags Worth The Effort?
A YouTube employee told me not to over think tags. His analogy was to picture a table. The important pieces are the Title and Description which are represented by the legs and top of the table. The tags are the screws. While they help bring everything together, the tags aren't nearly as important as the other two.

El-Desu

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what effort? use tubebuddy and you set lol

Cephus

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They are worth the effort cause they will get you ranking high and you will get views and subscribers and this will help your channel grow way faster.
Not necessarily. There are plenty of people who, even within the same niche, are very careful with their tags and get nowhere, while others use no tags at all and get tons of subscribers. Just being seen doesn't mean you will be noticed.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometimes it does feel like tags are not worth it when you’re small, buy they really are even if you can’t see any difference with or without them. I feel Ike everything in general is important good tags, good discriptions, good thumbnail, good content. All that stuff does help you out in the long run a lot of people upload videos thinking they will gain fame just by uploading a video and some times people do get fame over night, but it doesn’t happen to everyone some times you can do everything and still not gain anything just got try even if it seems impossible. Good luck with your channel:)

MedTerms

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A YouTube employee told me not to over think tags. His analogy was to picture a table. The important pieces are the Title and Description which are represented by the legs and top of the table. The tags are the screws. While they help bring everything together, the tags aren't nearly as important as the other two.
I agree. The search terms that bring the most traffic aren't my well-researched, well-ranked tags at all. What does seem to help, is having multiple topics in the same niche.[DOUBLEPOST=1528403542,1528402938][/DOUBLEPOST]Not that it's likely going to matter, but I'm asking again please actually read my original post. This is not a thread complaining about my channel's traffic - I have plenty, thanks - but I have made some very specific observations in my stats related to the use of tags, and would like to know if others have seen the same. Not sure why people just read the thread topic and simply assume what the discussion is about.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Might wanna amend the title to say "Are non-competitive tags worth the effort?"