Are Stories A Good Idea On Youtube?

Ewan Wilson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Howdy,

I do some life stories on my channel, are these good to do? Do any of you guys do them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Depends on the style. If it's

"I went home and did nothing" Then nobody cares

I think your "I got followed home" video is a great idea because people want to know what happened to you. You get hurt? Who followed you? Etc

YouTubers United Podcast

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'll let other people debate whether or not it's a good idea, so here's a tip in care you are serious about it:
go up into the youtube search bar and see what auto fills when you start typing in, "Life stories" or "storytime". Is this a genre that people are searching for? How will people find your content?
Are you relying on search engine traffic or sharing?
Getting eyeballs on vlogs is a steep challenge, so these are the things you should consider before going further.

Kush Patel

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It really does depend on the person. The reason why vlogs can get boring because if there isn't much happening, I end up wasting 4 minutes on a boring video.

Yoursharkfriend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
Yeah if you have interesting stories then go for it! Same thing as what everyone says, if it's just about my day type of thing then something exciting better of happened because that will make you stand out :)

avilsd

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, stories are wonderful if they're interesting. Anything shocking or different or controversial is bound to get trending ;)

nickywickyd

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Yes, definitely a great idea! If you illustrate them with examples, if you do know what you're talking about, i.e. no awkward pauses, engaging way of delivering it, you yourself look interested in what you're talking about - sure thing!

MonniiBee

The Lightwrighter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Reporter, Vlogger
I enjoy story-time videos. I don't like them when they have no direction, but over all they are mostly good

Ewan Wilson

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I enjoy story-time videos. I don't like them when they have no direction, but over all they are mostly good
Yes, definitely a great idea! If you illustrate them with examples, if you do know what you're talking about, i.e. no awkward pauses, engaging way of delivering it, you yourself look interested in what you're talking about - sure thing!
Yes, stories are wonderful if they're interesting. Anything shocking or different or controversial is bound to get trending ;)
Thanks for all this feedback! It really helps![DOUBLEPOST=1478548334,1478548309][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depends on the style. If it's

"I went home and did nothing" Then nobody cares

I think your "I got followed home" video is a great idea because people want to know what happened to you. You get hurt? Who followed you? Etc
I'll let other people debate whether or not it's a good idea, so here's a tip in care you are serious about it:
go up into the youtube search bar and see what auto fills when you start typing in, "Life stories" or "storytime". Is this a genre that people are searching for? How will people find your content?
Are you relying on search engine traffic or sharing?
Getting eyeballs on vlogs is a steep challenge, so these are the things you should consider before going further.
Thanks! Helps a lot!