Are reaction channels unfair? What do you think?

Are reaction channels unfair on youtube?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Divine Authority

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If those channels have a little bit of reaction videos in their channel, I guess it should be fine by me. But if your channel is built based around that then that just stupid. People wanted to remember you for producing original video content not just some cheap and easy content that even a six years old kid can do. That specific channels won't last long anyway if all they do is just reaction videos.

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally don't really fancy them but life isn't fair and if there is an audience for it, that's their choice what type of channel they want to have.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I don’t think it’s unfair. Just stupid

Ephlik Audio

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
When reaction channels started blowing up, it seemingly became the meta for making easy money. I think the biggest problem people have against them is when ''reactors'' started getting heat for ''content stealing and leeching'' , they continued to be dishonest in what they're doing and why they're doing it. Then they would further argue how much they bring to the video with their ''personality'' ( as they sit there and watch someone else's full video with 0 edits ).

Imo you should not be able to monetize those that were being done in the above format.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They are a genre. And then there is the fact that I have done reactions on my gaming channel, and they do better than my gameplay videos.

hasanpasir88

Reaction score
If it's easy why don't you make a channel like that. Problem solved

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't think they're unfair, I think some of them make good content. However, I'm still not totally convinced that all forms of reaction channels are covered under "fair use". I think some are but some are walking a fine line.