Are reaction channels unfair? What do you think?

Are reaction channels unfair on youtube?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you think reaction channels are unfair on YouTube as they tend to get subscribers and crazy amounts of views for doing such limited work where as other youtubers who put more work in tend to be forgotten, I am a fan of at least one reaction channel, but he does put effort into his work, however I find a lot of youtubers who do reactions are unfairly popular when I've seen smaller channels put much more work into their videos and get very limited praise so what do you guys think?

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm no fan of Reaction channels myself. But I do see why they can be so popular. Mainly cause it's easy, quick and affordable to pump out those videos with whatever is trending or whatever movie/game/whatever came out that day or week. To me it's just not creative and I find so many people with these channels to "overreact" in order to get more views, subscribers and overall attention. I can not say all are the same but I've seen so many bad ones (and yes, my wife likes one sadly) that they make me cringe. Sometimes they get me thinking..."How many times did you film this to have such perfect responses during this food clip?" Hmmm...not my cup of tea per say but some people like it.

Now is it unfair? No...but when the trend eventually dies these channels will fall with it if they don't evolve. But I guess we'll see.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
not unfair on 'youtube'.. but unfair on the 'original content creator'. There a lot of parasites with no value to add to youtube who just recycle content from others. I'd love to see this get clamped down on. There are exceptions who are particularly talented.. like say.. Leafy. If done in the right way then okay.. but a lot are just lazy chancers that I don't care for.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Life isn't fair. I think they're stupid, but there are far too many stupid people on YouTube watching them. They cater to the lowest common denominator.
i guess stupid peoples need entertainment too.. they can't just dig holes with sticks all day.

Reactions: Wyrd Wayfarer

VidaDeJeremiah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So much hate to reaction videos in this thread. I’m a channel with majority reaction videos but I do post other content whether it be fashion reviews or college advice but I have a question. What’s the difference between turning on the camera and reacting to something and turning on the camera and playing a game, or eating? People enjoy watching other reactions and getting other opinions and seeing feedback on things such as music movies etc. It’s not easier to grow as a YouTube channel because just cause you’re uploading constant videos doesn’t mean they’re good quality and that people will watch them. It requires just as much dedication as any other channel type

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kyonite

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I think it's sort of unfair but not because of them earning money without effort. I mean, old gaming videos and even a lot of gaming videos now are pretty much effortless yet I still love them and they gained a lot of traction. What I don't like is that they're leaching off of other people instead of making their own stuff.

Reactions: THEBATTLEXSHOW

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don’t personally think it’s unfair maybe for the original creator, but most creators don’t mind because they get more publicity from it especially if the person links the original video in their discription box. I don’t make react videos, I tried once but I never uploaded it because I don’t find it fun to make. But I occasionally watch reaction videos but only a very few reaction channels I watch like brad Munro and daz. I’m currently binge watching daz games, his reaction videos are really entertaining.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
So much hate to reaction videos in this thread. I’m a channel with majority reaction videos but I do post other content whether it be fashion reviews or college advice but I have a question. What’s the difference between turning on the camera and reacting to something and turning on the camera and playing a game, or eating? People enjoy watching other reactions and getting other opinions and seeing feedback on things such as music movies etc. It’s not easier to grow as a YouTube channel because just cause you’re uploading constant videos doesn’t mean they’re good quality and that people will watch them. It requires just as much dedication as any other channel type
Sorry Jeremiah.. You raise good points! I've seen some of your stuff and enjoyed.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Got to admit definitely hearing fair arguments as I see both sides of people who don't like reaction channels and those who do like them, but in my personal opinion I prefer to say that I would only watch a reaction channel that has put effort into making their own content too as well as making their channel unique rather than that of a carbon copy a good example of that would be D&B Nation who are almost a copy of BFvsGF, but I do enjoy the content of reactors such as Lost Pause for it is more unique

Reactions: Kyonite