Are my thumbnails that bad?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have had some critique of my thumbnails saying that the don’t tell enough about my videos. That might be true to some extent but are the REALLY that bad? What do you guys think? Should I change my style or what should I do?

Paul_YT

Reaction score
Don't change !! I like em. Unique style you got going on. Some may find the black and white unattractive but i think it awesome.

On another note, i just subscribed after watching "loss of a baby". My heart goes out to you and I'm sorry for your loss. As a father of two i couldn't even imaging.

Most of all, thank you for reminding me to be thankful for what i have. You hit my personal life spot on... Thank you

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi Paul.
Wow thanks a lot and thanks for subscribing, means a lot to me.
And thanks for your feedback on my thumbs too. Yes it the style Im thinking about (both black/white and do the say enough about my videos)
As mentioned I have had some critique so I need to know what you guys think. Thanks for your opinion:)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Because this is channel-specific, I've moved it to the Reviews / Channel Feedback forum. =)

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I think they are some of the better thumbnails I've ever seen. MAYBE make the font a tiny bit bigger just so it's easier to read, but even without that I think they're in the top 10% of great thumbnails.
Dont get too hung up on what a few self-proclaimed experts say.

Reactions: Dave2017

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think they are some of the better thumbnails I've ever seen. MAYBE make the font a tiny bit bigger just so it's easier to read, but even without that I think they're in the top 10% of great thumbnails.
Dont get too hung up on what a few self-proclaimed experts say.
Thanks man. Needed to hear something like that:)

Jake Roman

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think your thumbnails are strong. If anything, and again pushing to have advice here, I'd say your titles can be more concise so that people can look at your title text, and your thumbnail text, and quickly put two and two together. But I'm a big fan of the thumbnails themselves.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Thumbnails are about getting attention, and brand recognition. U gon make thumbnails that look like everyone else's?