Are My Reviews Interesting?

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So, I just posted a new review on my channel, and I'm not sure if I got the 'art' of reviewing things like music videos down. A lot of my favorite YouTubers do it, so I thought I'd get into the swing of it. What do you guys think of this latest review I did? Note: I was in a bit of an annoyed mood when i recorded this but I wanted to do it anyway, I think it shows in my body language but what do you think?

Reactions: itsameray

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Informative and entertaining. I enjoyed the review. I agree about that wig. It worked in California Girls but good lord.

Rafael

X3MSonicX Productions
Reaction score
I didn't like it.

I'm just jokin, i didn't even see it yet xD

JD´s World

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I kissed a girl and I liked it...

Changed the world!

That is all...

But seriously though:
1. The video was more of a description than a review...
2. I like the background, makes it easier to blue screen (which you should totally do!)
3. Never record in a "bad mood"... it always shows in the shoulders and the way you talk.
4. Beware of your hand gestures, no touchy facey!
5. perhaps a very low music track would help, as you have seen in the more successful review channels

Those are just 5 tips, use´em, don´t use´em... But I like where you are heading with your videos! You get better each time!

Jonathan

Rafael

X3MSonicX Productions
Reaction score
Yeah ur videos are Great. specially this 1, from Katy Perry. i love her. :)

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thanks for watching. :)

1. I think I said a few times (maybe I cut it out) that there wasn't much to say about the video, it was very MOR. Not too many exciting moments. Maybe I could have been funnier when explaining what happened though. That's probably why it seemed like more of a description.

I recorded in my room for this video, and I thought I would try something different. I tried outside first but decided against it lol. I'm not really a fan of blue screen videos unless you really have high quality equipment to make it look good.

I NEVER talk with my hands so I'm not sure what was going on in this video lol. I'll keep that in mind next time. I was going to put music over it but I decided to save for my vlogs if that makes sense. Thanks for watching again :)

PixieBlossom

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Whats wrong with talking with your hands lol?? I do it all the time. Its a bad thing??

I quite liked the review. I dont think it needs music in the background.

sonickicks

Reaction score
I enjoyed the review man.
Music video reviews gets a lot of views so keep it up!

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Since you're asking for an honest critique, I'll go ahead and tell you some observations of mine that I have kind of kept to myself. There are two kinds of people (well there's way more than that, but just go with it...) there are sympathetic caring people, and there are apathetic cynics. I am a caring sympathetic person, who has the ability to see the cynical viewpoint. I've tended to only tell you the good qualities I see in your videos, because you have your own charm, your own thing going on, and people who relate to you will like you. But there IS another viewpoint you will have to deal with.

So what I've noticed is this, you tend to repeat yourself often. You don't often get down to the nitty gritty of what you liked about the song/video being discussed. I usually here you say "And I thought it was really good, they did a great job, it looked good, it felt good, they made it professional, I liked the style and the vibe" Things like that, which aren't telling me anything. It's all just different ways of saying "it's good". Now like I said, this doesn't bother me because I like you and I see your good qualities because I choose to, but if I wanted to be a cynic, I could make statements about that in a negative way if I wanted to. I haven't actually watched the video you posted in this thread, my eye is hurting today (don't ask, it's complicated) and I'm trying not to stare at anything, so these are critiques of past videos. It's just something to think about, and if you want suggestions on how to get more specific and detailed in your critiques, hit me up, tell me what you're planning on reviewing, and maybe I can get you to think of it from some different perspectives that will give you some good comments to make. You're doing good buddy, this is not meant to hurt your feelings or make you think your not doing a good job. :)

Stef

STEF SZN
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Since you're asking for an honest critique, I'll go ahead and tell you some observations of mine that I have kind of kept to myself. There are two kinds of people (well there's way more than that, but just go with it...) there are sympathetic caring people, and there are apathetic cynics. I am a caring sympathetic person, who has the ability to see the cynical viewpoint. I've tended to only tell you the good qualities I see in your videos, because you have your own charm, your own thing going on, and people who relate to you will like you. But there IS another viewpoint you will have to deal with.
I was really nervous to read the second paragraph after this lol. But, no I totally get what you mean and see it too, especially in my earlier reviews. I think that was one of the first things you told me. I think I said 'cute' far too many times in the beginning but I also tried to go into more detail about what was going on in the video for example someone like you who hasn't seen it. I feel like I''m getting a lot better at organizing my thoughts and therefore cutting down on Ummm's, Uhhh's and other embarrassing stuff. It's really good to hear you feel I'm getting better because I'm definitely working at it. Thanks :)